Logistic Planning Section Manager
Salary Market Aligned
Consultant Audrey Ng
Job Ref 1910400/001
Date posted 13 March 2023penang procurement-supply-chain/logistics 2023-03-21 2023-05-12 automotive Penang Penang MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
Logistic Planning Section Manager A renowned manufacturing company in the automotive industry in Penang is recruiting for a Logistic Planning Section Manager job. This is a role for a leader who is experienced in customer order management, production planning and inventory management.
About the Logistic Planning Section Manager Role:
In this key position, you will take charge as the lead and supervise the logistic planning value stream team and be the interface directly with major customers for customer order management as well as suppliers for next level escalation on procurement related matters for the automotive industry.
- Lead and supervise assigned LOG Planning Value Stream group:
- Headcount planning, development of subordinates, and delegation and control-evaluate staff performance
- Monitor and take necessary corrective action to enhance employee performance on daily task/reporting support
- Create a team that deals with internal and external parties in a healthy environment
- Problem solving and improvement plans using their highest-level technical expertise in supply and logistics
- Inventory Management, e.g. monitoring EDL projection, EOP obsolesces, to achieve corporate and divisional goals and objectives
- Be responsible for assigned LOG Planning Value Stream functions:
- Customer interface and communication including escalation to Sales team and customers
- Escalate customer order fulfilment and procurement issues that affect a single Value Stream (Level 2)
- LKA (lead key account)
- Highlight critical issues in regular Plant operation meetings
- Review critical parts list
- Support associate during material supply EL1 and elevate to EL2 for procurement related topics
- Coordinator for new SOP involving new models and capacity review
- Customer support e.g. LIWAKS, meeting customer orders, stock requirements and ensuring uninterrupted flow to support customer demand line
- Review customer order planning e.g. change of schedule, capacity loss, raw material shortages for optimisation of production capacity
- Accuracy of demand loading, including Sales forecast, for MRP
- Coordinate interdepartmental activities when needed to achieve customer requirement and improve customer satisfaction
- Work together and support each other within LOG
- Support and work towards achieving the departmental goal
- Prepare reports e.g. Delivery Performance, Attainment report, etc. as and when needed
- Support activities related to Bosch Production System (BPS), e.g. Supplier Kanban, Production Kanban, Leveling and EPEI for continuous improvement
- Decision making on responsible areas including special freight (inbound/outbound)
- Perform any other duties assigned by immediate superior from time to time
To succeed in this role as a Logistic Planning Section Manager, you must have the leadership skills and be a problem-solver. Moreover, you need to have the ability to work independently as well as a team.
- Bachelor Degree in any discipline with related working experience in logistic, supply chain;
- At least 10 years of working experience in order management and production planning function in manufacturing;
- Demonstrated skills in managing and leading a team;
- Possesses knowledge and understanding of MRP;
- Computer literate with an aptitude for figures;
The opportunities to progress are ever-present and the option of global mobility starts here in Penang.
If you are up for taking on a new challenge, this Logistic Planning Section Manager is the role for you.
If you would like to apply for this role or find out more, please email to email@example.com.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Get in touch
+60 4 240 2135