Salary MYR144,000 - MYR192,000 per annum + Market Aligned
Location Johor BahruFULL_TIME
Consultant Justin Tang
Job Ref 1912090/001
Date posted 08 March 2023johor-bahru procurement-supply-chain/logistics 2023-03-21 2023-05-07 logistics-distribution-and-supply-chain Johor Bahru MY MYR 144000 192000 192000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
A renowned edible oil manufacturing company is recruiting for a Shipping Manager job to be responsible for all activities related to sea freight and logistics spend to support the company’s international shipment activities.
About the Shipping Manager Role:
In this position, you will support the management of all global freight bookings, documentation and budgeting to ensure the company’s smooth operations of import/export.
- Be responsible for carrier sourcing, space booking, documentation preparation and tracking shipment for on time delivery
- Liaising with port agents to ensure that timely receival and submission of import/export documentation
- Sourcing and comparing competitive ocean freight products and rates to identify cost reduction opportunities and better customer satisfaction
- Develop and implement contracts alongside the legal team to optimise relationships with suppliers and ensure the protection of the interest of the company
- Select most appropriate carriers to manage shipments based on negotiated terms and volumes
- Providing analysis of carrier performance to track consistency of service
- Develop and drive KPIs of the department and monitor all department processes to identify process improvement opportunities
To succeed in the Shipping Manager role, you will need to have experience in managing sea freight import/export activities with a proven track record of managing global shipments and the sea freight movement of edible oils.
- Degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, or related field of study
- More than eight years of working experience in freight management and logistics field
- Proven track record in managing global shipments via sea freight
- Experience managing shipment documents and familiar with INCOTERMS
- Strong analytical skills, influential, operations process driven and focused on accuracy
- Ability to resolve conflicts, strong sense of urgency, proactive and possess the foresight to plan ahead for the business
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong stakeholder management capability to communicate effectively with other functional heads
- Application is open to Malaysians and/or candidates with existing right to employment in Malaysia
You will be part of a progressive team that is poised to breaking new grounds in the industry.
If you are a professional who is seeking a challenging role to take your career to the next level, this Shipping Manager role is the opportunity for you.
Apply now or email me at email@example.com/call me at 03 2303 7067 to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Get in touch
+60 3 2303 7067