Logistics and Warehouse Manager
Salary Market Aligned
Consultant TeckYaw Chuah
Job Ref 1795640/001
Date posted 04 September 2022penang procurement-supply-chain/logistics 2022-09-04 2022-11-03 logistics-distribution-and-supply-chain Penang Penang MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A Logistics and Warehouse Manager job has just become available at one of the most respected manufacturing and production firms based in Penang. Reporting directly to the Head of Supply Chain, this is a role for a Logistics and Warehouse Manager who will drive the operations and manage logistics and warehousing.
About the Logistics and Warehouse Manager Role:
Due to excellent results and future expansion plans, the Logistics and Warehouse Manager will be the key person for the development and execution of global logistic strategy inside the Malaysia factory’s location and all tasks related to staffing and best practices in the logistics department. Furthermore, you will have direct supervisory responsibility and first point of contact for the 3PL warehouse partner.
- Leads the implementation of logistics category strategy, in conjunction with cross-functional stakeholders across the company
- Works towards local logistic excellence and optimisation plan that reduces cost and increase quality and process efficiency
- Maps non-conformity cases, identifies general issues providing solutions by implement improvement and registering processes
- Maintains and distributes market intelligence, stays abreast of the changing supply base and new technologies, and is able to effectively interface with engineering/R&D on suppliers and components/materials selection
- Executes environmental and sustainability tactics for logistic activities
- Supports supplier selection, negotiation efforts, and contract development throughout the purchase process
- Professional and personal management of 100 employees in the area of logistics provision
- Coordinates and secures the interfaces to the order planning, assembly, operation purchase and machining department
- Develops strong and integrated relationships with 3PL warehouse partners and communicates the business model accurately to them
- Reviews and audits all 3PL warehouse invoices against contract rates
- Oversees daily shipping transactions to ensure all required processes are completed in a timely manner, including the processing of inbound supplier shipment and outbound international shipments
- Produces daily/weekly and monthly performance reports and implements corrective actions with 3PL partners if appropriate
- Oversees and manages regular stock counting and stock taking activities
- Manages the departmental budget and forecasts budgetary requirements
- Sets strategic long and short-term departmental goals and evaluates outcomes such as environmental philosophy
The successful candidate must have the ability to effectively lead and work within diverse multi-functional teams, using deep knowledge of the category to drive improvements in quality, service, risk, cost, and technological capability of the logistics operational base.
- BSc/MSc in supply chain, logistics, engineering/technology, material science, mechanics or equivalent of sufficient trackable practical work experience
- Experience with Lean and/or Six Sigma manufacturing concepts is a plus
- At least five years’ experience in relation to the development of logistic and warehouse operations within a manufacturing environment
- Several years of staff management experience
- Strong technical acumen around logistic solution requirements
- Firm understanding of manufacturing and assembly workflows
- Customer facing experience in relation to audit and innovation solutions
- Working knowledge and understanding of ERP/MRP system such as SAP WM and Microsoft Dynamics D365 and their use in a manufacturing environment
- Experience managing and taking action to achieve KPIs such as savings targets, average weighted delivery terms, etc.
This company is much more than a manufacturing plant and is anything but traditional. They have the people and ethos to act with speed, innovation, enterprise and creativity. The scope of the offer, the size of the business, the freedom and autonomy to drive your career forward all adds up to a great place to work.
If you are a progressive Logistics and Warehouse Manager with a can-do attitude, this is an excellent opportunity to work with an industry leader that is constantly breaking new ground.
If you would like to apply for this role or find out more, please contact Teck Yaw Chuah on +604-240 2133 or email to email@example.com.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: KedahDate posted: 04 September 2022An exciting Supply Chain Management Specialist job has become available at a multinational world-leading manufacturing and production company to be based in Kulim, Kedah, Malaysia. This role will be the key person to source and purchase direct materials based on project basis.