Transportation & Distribution Manager
Salary MYR123,000 - MYR168,000 per annum + Market Aligned
Location Petaling JayaFULL_TIME
Consultant Justin Tang
Job Ref 1825750/001
Date posted 17 July 2022petaling-jaya procurement-supply-chain/logistics 2022-07-17 2022-09-15 logistics-distribution-and-supply-chain Petaling Jaya MY MYR 123000 168000 168000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A global chemical manufacturer is seeking a Transportation & Distribution Manager. In this job, you will manage the safe distribution of its products while complying to external and internal requirements and exploring cost-efficient solutions.
About the Transport & Distribution Manager Role:
In this position, you will be responsible for managing strategic and operational strategies to ensure the safety, efficiency, and implementation of best practices across its hubs in Malaysia
- Provide strategic support and guidance to the field distribution department in various locations across Malaysia
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to develop and implement short-term and long-term strategies to improve distribution infrastructures, transportation assets, and distribution processes
- Manage and make efficient capital project and expenditure under the distribution department
- Perform continuous improvement strategies for safety, quality, reliability, productivity and efficiency matrix
- Ensure that all pre-designated KPIs are achieved to improve overall company performance and client satisfaction in a sustainable and long-term manner
- Liaise with the schedule planning, transport safety, fleet maintenance teams to ensure the alignment of strategies across company departments
- Ensure the optimisation of all delivery costs to ensure the profitability of the company
To succeed in the Transportation & Distribution Manager role, you will need to be well versed in improvement strategies and operational viability of logistics within the chemical and bulky delivery industry.
- Tertiary qualifications in engineering/science, business administration or relevant field of study
- Over seven years of work experience in logistics and supply chain in the chemical industry
- Strong proven background in transport management, safety and contract management
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Tools
- Clear understanding of motor vehicle rules and regulations and logistics environment in Malaysia
- Knowledge of ERP software (SAP MM) is desirable
- Application is open to Malaysians and/or candidates with existing right to employment in Malaysia
This global company supplies to world leading established customers and have a solid reputation in providing consistent high-quality materials as a result of innovative solutions.
If you are someone who enjoys developing strategies as well hands on in logistics, is a self-starter and enjoys working in an environment with high collaboration on best practices in procurement, this Transportation & Distribution Manager role is right for you.
Apply today or email me at email@example.com / call me at 03 2303 7067 to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C