General Manager of Lead Logistics Provider
Salary Market Aligned
Consultant TeckYaw Chuah
Job Ref 1812140/001
Date posted 15 June 2022penang procurement-supply-chain/logistics 2022-06-16 2022-08-14 logistics-distribution-and-supply-chain Penang Penang MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
One of the leading players in the world of logistics distribution and supply chain is seeking a meticulous General Manager of Lead Logistics Provider. In this job, you will lead and oversee five countries’ overall transportation operations and management for one of the key accounts in Penang.
About the General Manager of Lead Logistics Provider Role:
This role will report directly to the Director of Lead Logistics Provider and be responsible for maximising the weekly, monthly and annual performance of the sites by providing leadership, focusing on customer requirements, effective operational performance, a motivated workforce and succession planning. This person will need to contribute to the broader commercial environment, taking responsibility for attracting new and additional business as well.
- Be the single point of contact on transportation matters for key stakeholders and on-site management
- Manage and monitor all shipments for both inbound and outbound at relevant sites that are within the defined scope
- Provide logistics industry knowledge in line with the service to support the relevant logistics team
- LLP will act as “carrier neutral”, meaning that LLP should not be seen as favouring a specific carrier in delivering services to customer
- Drive standardisation of ATML’s transportation processes (procedures, reports, work activities) across the respective sites
- Establish and maintain Site Specific Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) that will detail the operational processes for all supported activities
- Maintain SOP as a living document by the On-Site Manager. Any changes to the SOP will need to be reviewed and approved by relevant Logistics Operation Manager (LOM)
- Support the expected substantial profitable growth of the business
- Train and mentor country contract manager on retail operations
- Reengineer unprofitable operations
- Ensure all operations meet KPIs set by customers
- 100% of inventory accuracy
- Maintain the DIFOT and OTIF above customer targets
To succeed in the General Manager of Lead Logistics Provider, you must have strong experience in the leadership role of transportation management across manufacturing environment globally.
- Bachelor's degree in supply chain or related studies
- Five years' experience as a Lead Logistics Partner (LLP) or Integrated Transport System (ITS)
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience as a Supply Chain Manager, Air or Sea Freight Management
- Fluency in Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ideally previous experience within the product market of the division
- Knowledge in contact logistics is an advantage
- Knowledge in logistics operations and warehousing
- SAP is an added advantage
- More than 10 years of work experience in the field of logistics/warehouse
This firm needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in their field of expertise. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant.
If you are a talented and focused supply chain professional seeking the right opportunity to take your career forward, this General Manager of Lead Logistics Provider job is the role for you. You will be a part of forward-thinking company that values innovation and a progressive mindset.
If you are interested for this opportunity and want to find out more, please email your resume or contact me at email@example.com today.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: MYR260,000 - MYR390,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: PenangDate posted: 13 June 2022A Global Accounts Supply Chain Manager job has just become available at one of the most respected manufacturing and production firms based in Penang. Reporting directly to the Head of Product Line Supply Chain Management, this is a role for a supply chain manager who are experienced in programme management and managing customers.