Business Development Manager (Contract Logistics
Salary Market Aligned
Location Shah AlamFULL_TIME
Consultant Sujatha Manogaran
Job Ref 1803790/001
Date posted 18 May 2022shah-alam procurement-supply-chain/logistics 2022-05-26 2022-07-17 sales Shah Alam MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An international 3PL company is looking for a Business Development Manager (Contract Logistics) to lead the market growth of their Contract Logistics segment in Malaysia.
About the Business Development Manager (Contract Logistics) Role:
In this position, you will be responsible to grow the contract logistics accounts and bring in new accounts for the company which includes anticipating key customer needs, offering customised solutions, improving the profitability of the operation, budget preparation and review.
- Develop and prepare a business plan for Contract Logistics to increase market share and deliver the growth strategy of the business taking into account opportunities and market conditions
- Grow and maintain current logistics business, identify market opportunities and high potential clients/prospects, create, implement sales strategies to develop new business, achieve sales targets and results
- Ensure through partnership with cross functional and specialisation teams, the creation of transport and logistics solutions to meet customer needs
- Provide and enhance business intelligence through the establishment and development of a network with potential and existing customers or key accounts
- Lead contract logistics sales through coaching, developing and supporting sales staff in terms of technical insights in order to achieve targets and objectives aligned with overall logistics sales plan and strategy
- Develop and establish relationships with internal teams such as operations and through these partnerships ensure a seamless and quality services being provided to the clients
- Ensure CRM system is managed and maintained for contract logistic sales
To succeed in this Business Development Manager (Contract Logistics) role, you will need to have a strong business development background in contract logistics in a 3PL company.
- Tertiary qualification in supply chain management, logistics operations or related field of study
- 5 to 12 years of business development experience in contract logistics (3PL company)
- Wide exposure across all the contract logistics products and processes
- Excellent market knowledge: customers, competition and challenges
- Possess a customer centric mindset and emphasis on service delivery and responsiveness
- Driven, self-starter, good reporting and analytical skills
- Possess excellent interpersonal/communication skills and a team player
- Application is open to Malaysians and/or candidates with existing right to employment in Malaysia
This international 3PL organisation needs no introduction and is recognised as one of the leader in their field of expertise. With a strong history and global presence, the firm is very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. The company has long term investment plans to expand the team and this is a rare opportunity to be a part of their team during this exciting period of growth.
Apply now or email me at Sujatha.Manogaran@robertwalters.com.my / call me at 03 2303 7063 to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Shah AlamDate posted: 18 May 2022An established international 3PL company is looking for a Business Development Manager/Key Account Manager (Freight Forwarding) to support their expansion plan to establish continuous market share growth.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Shah AlamDate posted: 30 May 2022An Operations Manager (DC) job has become available at an international retail company.