Senior Category Buyer - Logistics
Salary MYR60,000 - MYR72,000 per annum + Market Aligned
Location Subang JayaFULL_TIME
Consultant Justin Tang
Job Ref 1799260/001
Date posted 01 May 2022johor-bahru procurement-supply-chain/logistics 2022-05-13 2022-06-30 chemicals Subang Jaya MY MYR 60000 72000 72000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A global chemical manufacturer is seeking a Senior Category Buyer - Logistics. In this job, you will implement and drive the procurement activities across the commodity portfolio, actively managing the spend and suppliers within the category as well as oversee required level of quality for the local market.
About the Senior Category Buyer - Logistics Role:
In this position, you will be responsible for identifying opportunities to reduce the total cost of ownership or value-added activities, and ensuring that procurement takes an active, early and appropriate role to generate maximum benefit.
- Managing commercial negotiations for all local purchases and agreements
- Understand the local business environment and develop the procurement plans
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to understand the business requirements and identify opportunities for procurement to deliver value and drive cost savings
- Ensure that internal processes are agreed upon with key stakeholders to avoid further costs being incurred in the future
- Ensure that contract terms are in place to provide suitable level of risk mitigation and cost avoidance
- Ensure the implementation of global deals into a singular country to make create standardisation across regions
- Create and issue RFQ to meet agreed schedules and business KPIs
- Coordinate with the shared service centre where needed to ensure seamless P2P operational transactions
- Ensure that all logistics requirements are met during the incoming and outgoing of goods
- Be well versed in the logistics, import/export and custom clearance processes
To succeed in the Senior Category Buyer role, you will need to be well versed in procuremet logistics management in areas such as sourcing, contract management and supplier management within the chemical manufacturing industry.
- Tertiary qualifications in supply chain management, engineering, logistics or relevant field of study
- At least five years of work experience managing logistics or logistics spend in the manufacturing industry
- Well versed in procurement methodologies, processes and negotiations tactics
- Well versed in negotiating transportation SLA for Bulk delivery, FTZ clearance and managing customs
- Proven track record in logistics management and cost savings initiatives
- Strong negotiation and interpersonal skills to manage regional stakeholders
- Has an entrepreneurial mindset, able to manage complex procurement scenarios, strong expertise in conflict management and displays strong sense of urgency
- Knowledge of ERP software (SAP and SRM) is desirable
- Application is open to Malaysians and/or candidates with existing right to employment in Malaysia
This global company supplies to world leading established customers and have a solid reputation in providing consistent high-quality materials as a result of innovative solutions.
If you are someone who enjoys hands-on sourcing, is a self-starter and enjoys working in an environment with high collaboration on best practices in procurement, this Senior Category Buyer - Logistics role is right for you.
Apply today or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org / call me at 03 2303 7067 to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C