Freight Operations Manager
Salary MYR15,000 - MYR20,000 per month + Attractive
Location Shah AlamFULL_TIME
Consultant Brandon Teoh
Date posted 24 September 2018 2018-09-242018-10-28 logistics-distribution-and-supply-chain Menara 3 Petronas Persiaran KLCC Kuala Lumpur 50088 Robert Walters Malaysia
An established MNC with an illustrious history and great working culture has recently set up a new office in Malaysia. This is a great opportunity for the Freight Operations Manager to lead and manage the ocean operations and customer service team and drive operational efficiency and effectiveness.
About the Freight Operations Manager Role:
In this business critical role, you will take the lead in providing direction to all operation-managing activities that includes anticipating key customer needs, offering process improvement strategies, improving the profitability of the operation and budget preparation and review.
- Responsible for managing, controlling and leading all the operations activities relating to the freight management operations to deliver optimal operations performance by the appointed logistics partner in accordance with the area business strategy and agreed customer’s Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Be involved in all the file management & operations activities post-booking that include job costing, documentation as well as operational finance and carrier relations
- Ensure consistent, seamless end-to-end delivery of ocean operations and support the customer service teams in the resolution of customer queries and escalations
- Maintain relationships with carriers, obtain rates and maintain tariffs
- To succeed in this role, you will need to have the ability to work effectively and cooperatively with stakeholders across borders and internal matrix.
- At least two to three years' experience in managing large operations / customer service teams with a minimum of five years' experience in the logistics sector
- Experience in freight operations and wide exposure across all the logistics products & processes
- Strong operations excellence mind set coupled with an excellent understanding of the business
- Passion for service delivery, responsiveness and for identifying constant improvements
This international logistics organisation needs no introduction and is recognised as one of the leader in their field of expertise. With a strong history and global presence, the firm is very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards within the logistics distribution and supply chain industry based in Shah Alam.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Freight Operations Manager job.
Apply today or email me at email@example.com to discuss this exciting opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTK2125