Logistics Manager ( Based In Vietnam)
Location Kuala Lumpur
Consultant Alvin Wong
Date posted 11 July 2018Menara 3 Petronas Persiaran KLCC Kuala Lumpur 50088 Robert Walters Malaysia
A world leading automotive tier one supplier is setting up their new state of the art factory in Haiphong, Vietnam and they are now looking for an experienced Logistics Manager to set up and then lead the logistics team.
About the Logistics Manager Role:
In this business critical role you will need to guarantee 100% delivery reliability to the customer on basis of low stocks, supplier’s reliability and logistics cost reduction.
- Be first contact to the customer on logistics topics for local customer inquiries and coordinate with the customer on delivery schedules and transportation of product to customer
- Detect root cause of eventual supplier shortages and report lessons learnt to management team
- Review customer production plans and liaise cross functionally to establish an equal level of information for all involved parties
- Manage the interfaces between / to supply base, material planners, materials coordinators and engineering change to order
- Monitor performance, develop plans to improve the delivery and supply performance as well as all plant logistics processes and implement measures for improvement
- Develop and implement an overall logistics plan to support production requirements with regards to equipment, staff, and space requirements as well as to promote low cost, high inventory turns and a safe, efficient material flow
- Implement and use the standards, policies and processes defined by global-/regional cross function.
- Develop an annual goals plan and report results on a regular basis
- Supervise, appraise and develop assigned personnel
To succeed in this logistics manager role you will be experienced in the automotive industry and have a proven track record of success.
- Degree or diploma in Logistics and/or Supply Chain Management or Business Engineering
- Five years of professional experience as Manager in logistics or supply chain management
- Experience in the automotive industry (OEM or 1st tier)
- Proven communication skills with people of all professional levels
- Profound PC skills (MS Office) and solid knowledge with SAP
- Proven leadership skills, an excellent process understanding
- Fluent English
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you.
Apply today to discuss this new opportunity. firstname.lastname@example.org
Business Registration Number: 729828-T
Licence Number: JTK2125
Business Registration Number: 729828-T Licence Number: JTK2125