Transport and Hub Manager
Location Petaling Jaya
Consultant Alvin Wong
Date posted 02 September 2016
A fantastic new Transport and Hub Manager job has just become available at one of the most respected global logistics company based in Kuala Lumpur. In this Transport and Hub Manager job, you will be responsible for leading the business in its new phase of growth.
About the Transport and Hub Manager Role:
In this business critical role, you will be responsible for identifying and defining the broad business development strategy, delivering the highest quality service alongside other internal stakeholders. You will be responsible to oversee and monitor all inbound and outbound at the Central Hub to ensure timely, accurate and profitable processing of shipments.
- Holds ultimate responsibility over Hub's design, shipment processing, enhancements, efficiency and optimization.
- Provide data inputs to the Senior Management team on proposals for new products/services that can be introduced in the existing network and reach enhancement initiatives.
- Support the design, development and adherence to operational workflows, procedures and standard operating procedures for the Hub's operations.
- Oversee all network local connections, documentation of shipments, daily inbound, outbound & transit operations, operation support activities and exception cases at the Hub.
- Oversee adherence to all regulatory clearances and statutory laws pertaining to hub operations
- Work with transport teams regarding truck requirements on daily basis
The successful candidate must possess at least five years of experience and have the ability to work on their own initiative.
Key requirements include:
- 5-7 years management experience in a service related role, preferably in express industry
- Experience in implementing change
- Experience of the local regulatory environment, strong command of written and spoken English and Bahasa Melayu
- Minimum education of a Bachelor of Art Degree (or equivalent)
This company is much more than logistics provider and is anything but traditional. They have the people and ethos to act with speed, innovation, enterprise and creativity. This leading logistics firm has an outstanding international reputation in its field and grate value is placed on training and development. With a great history, this is a great brand to join at an exciting time in their new development.
If you have a successful track record of bringing a business forward through operations and route management, you can take your career forward with this exciting new Transport and Hub Manager role.
Apply now or call me to discuss this new opportunity
Business Registration Number: 729828-T Licence Number: JTK2125