Business Development/Key Account Manager (Freight Forwarding)
Salary Market Aligned
Location Shah AlamFULL_TIME
Consultant Sujatha Manogaran
Job Ref 1784980/001
Date posted 18 May 2022shah-alam procurement-supply-chain/operations 2022-05-26 2022-07-17 sales Shah Alam MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An established international 3PL company is looking for a Business Development Manager/Key Account Manager (Freight Forwarding) to support their expansion plan to establish continuous market share growth.
About the Business Development Manager/Key Account Manager (Freight Forwarding) Role:
In this position, you will be responsible to grow the account and bring in new accounts for the company in the areas of international/local transport and customs brokerage. This includes anticipating key customer needs, offering process improvement strategies, improving the profitability of the operation, budget preparation and review.
- Plan, develop and implement sales and marketing strategies to penetrate into new markets
- Develop qualified pipeline of prospects in line with the company’s development strategy
- Develop portfolio of client by selling the complete range of logistics service and products
- Prepare proposals, quotations, follow-up documents and sales agreements upon successful sales
- To ensure prompt collection of accounts within agreed financial terms
- Match gross margin target by scoring acquisition of new clients
- Coordinate communication with sales support team
To succeed in this Business Development Manager/Key Account Manager (Freight Forwarding) role, you will need to have a strong business development or key account management background in transportation, distribution, freight forwarding, import/export and logistics customer service.
- Tertiary qualification in supply chain management, logistics operations or related field of study
- 8 to 14 years of business development or key account management experience in logistics sector (3PL)
- Wide exposure across all the logistics products and processes
- Excellent market knowledge: customers, competition and challenges
- Possess a customer centric mindset and emphasis on service delivery and responsiveness
- Driven, self-starter, good reporting and analytical skills
- Possess excellent interpersonal/communication skills and a team player
- Application is open to Malaysians and/or candidates with existing right to employment in Malaysia
This international logistics organisation needs no introduction and is recognised as one of the leader in their field of expertise. With a strong history and global presence, the firm is very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. The company has long term investment plans to expand the team and this is a rare opportunity to be a part of their team during this exciting period of growth.
Apply now or email me at Sujatha.Manogaran@robertwalters.com.my / call me at 03 2303 7063 to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Shah AlamDate posted: 18 May 2022An international 3PL company is looking for a Business Development Manager (Contract Logistics) to lead the market growth of their Contract Logistics segment in Malaysia.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Shah AlamDate posted: 30 May 2022An Operations Manager (DC) job has become available at an international retail company.