Head of Oil Palm Breeding
Salary MYR240,000 - MYR360,000 per annum + Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Shanggar Ganesh Marimutu
Job Ref 1870070/001
Date posted 06 November 2022kuala-lumpur mining-engineering-operations/research-development 2022-11-18 2023-01-05 science-and-research Kuala Lumpur MY MYR 240000 360000 360000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A leading plantation group is recruiting for a Head of Oil Palm Breeding job to lead and strategise all the research and development initiatives for oil palm planting. This position reports to the Head of Biotechnology.
About the Head of Oil Palm Breeding Role:
In this position, you will be responsible for leading the innovation efforts for oil palm planting within all the plantations across the country.
- Provide direction on new research and development ventures that are aligned to the division’s future plans and objectives
- Initiate and lead projects that solve scientific problems related to oil palm planting materials development and stakeholder/customer request, from innovation to commercialisation
- Responsible for development and implementation of strategic innovation programmes
- Provide training in the area of oil palm breeding and oil palm planting materials for internal and external customers
- Lead the formulation and implementation of all cutting-edge research and development plans, programmes, and procedures for development of future products and services
- Develop Innovation Strategies in line with the company direction and needs and integrate cross-functional teams to lead projects to successful outcomes
- Evaluate, initiate, design and implement new programmes
- Lead process optimisation initiatives
- Facilitate investigations into scientific theories and apply existing and new scientific theories and techniques to the design and development of new products and services
To succeed in this Head of Oil Palm Breeding role, you must have prior experience in developing science-based net zero carbon target, strategy, and roadmap for an organisation.
- Master’s in Genomics, Plant Breeding or related field
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in the plantation sector
- Prior experience in crop breeding involving large-scale programmes and seed-production using latest technologies would be ideal
- Experience leading fundamental research through to commercialisation along with financial modelling of project value
- Technical knowledge and experience in R&D product and process technology
- Efficient, strong work ethics – able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to contribute to the effective delivery of project deliverables outputs and support the project team members where necessary
- Ability to analyse sustainability data and information, create interesting and engaging findings and present the information in a concise manner
- Passionate about bringing about a positive change to an organisation
This public listed company needs no introduction and is very well-known across the region, being the market leader in their industry.
If you are an established professional with extensive experience in oil palm breeding and looking for a crucial role that will assist innovation within the oil palm sector, this Head of Oil Palm Breeding role is the one for you.
Apply today or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: MYR240,000 - MYR360,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: Bandar Baru EnstekDate posted: 07 November 2022A world-renowned FMCG manufacturer is seeking a Head of Engineering to lead and strategise all the maintenance, plant improvement and reliability initiatives within a world-class manufacturing plant. In this job, you will report to the Operations Director.
Salary: MYR192,000 - MYR240,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 03 November 2022A renowned environmental organisation is recruiting for a Head of Biodiversity job to lead and implement all sustainability standards pertaining to biodiversity and High Conservation Value subject matters. This position reports to the Sustainability Director.
Salary: MYR480,000 - MYR600,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 02 November 2022A leading plantation group is seeking a Head of Plant Breeding & Biotechnology to lead and strategise all the R&D, plant breeding and biotechnology initiatives. This position reports to the Chief R&D Officer.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 27 November 2022An established FMCG company is seeking a Regional Senior Engineering Manager to champion the technical excellence initiatives within their plants in the region. This job reports to the Regional Engineering Head.
Salary: MYR240,000 - MYR300,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 25 November 2022One of the country’s leading flour millers is seeking a Flour Milling Lead to lead all operations, development and optimisation efforts within the flour mills across the country. In this job, you will report directly to the General Manager.