R&D Manager (Personal Care)
Salary MYR182,000 - MYR221,000 per annum + Market Aligned
Location Shah AlamFULL_TIME
Consultant JitHow Chan
Job Ref 1822850/001
Date posted 01 July 2022shah-alam mining-engineering-operations/research-development 2022-07-14 2022-08-30 science-and-research Shah Alam MY MYR 182000 221000 221000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A leading beauty product manufacturer is seeking an R&D Manager (Personal Care) to manage and lead the process design, chemist and packaging team in innovating and developing new products. In this job, you will report to the R&D Director.
About the R&D Manager (Personal Care) Role:
In this position, you will be responsible for leading the product development, process, and packaging departments in the commercialisation of new products.
- Creating a compelling vision for the role of new product development in delivering the overall business strategy
- Designing and developing new products and processes, process control of the products
- Spearheading the product development team for all product innovation and improvement initiatives
- Working with the commercial team to derive technical concepts into product concept and proposition substantiated with scientific claims and evidences
- Leading the process design team to build new process technology and scale up new formulas or process enhancements in the product realisation stage
- Leading the packaging team in technical development related to new product innovation, structural design improvement for cost effectiveness and productivity enhancement
- Leading the product development team in supporting all R&D related operational matters cross functionally including raw and pack supply chain shortage and cost savings, quality troubleshooting related to product, packaging, and raw materials
- Sourcing of new ingredients from reliable suppliers and compare quality and price with procurement to ensure cost efficiency
- Setting quality standards for manufacture of new products
- Working with production team to commission new products and processes
- Ensuring that the products comply with government regulations, brand values and consumer expectations
- Leading a cross-functional process to manage an NPD pipeline from concept to commercialisation in accordance with market demands, consumer insights/surveys, cost optimisation initiatives and government regulations ensuring products are launched on time and in line with product brief
- Building a superior team by retaining, recruiting and growing talent, establishing and executing development plans, identifying learning opportunities, and providing ongoing feedback and coaching
- Training and development of technological knowledge to staff including recipes and processes
To succeed in this R&D Manager (Personal Care) role, you must have over 10 years of research and development experience within the personal care and cosmetics manufacturing industry. You must also possess strong leadership qualities to lead a team to succeed.
- Tertiary qualifications in chemistry/cosmetics science or related field of study
- 10 years' product development and R&D experience in the personal care and cosmetics manufacturing industry
- Prior knowledge in managing product design from product design to realisation stage is highly valued
- Ability to adopt innovation and creativity in its processes in terms of new formulations and technology
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style
- Excels at operating in a fast-paced, community environment
- Computer skills and proficiency in Excel, Word, Outlook, and Access
- Open to direction and collaborative work style and commitment to get the job done
- Ability to look at situations from several points of view
- Demonstrated leadership and commercial orientation abilities
- Highly passionate about the product innovation and R&D of personal care and cosmetic products
This multinational company needs no introduction and is recognised as a leader in their field of expertise. The culture is demanding, but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude, the potential rewards are significant. The firm is also very focused on developing their employees to the highest standards, and is known to have one of the best R&D labs in the entire region.
If you are an established professional leading the R&D department in a personal care manufacturer who is seeking for challenging and dynamic role within a rapidly growing organisation with great prospects, this R&D Manager (Personal Care) role is the one for you.
Apply today or send your CV to email@example.com to discuss this opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C