Salary Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant JitHow Chan
Job Ref 1789420/001
Date posted 05 April 2022kuala-lumpur mining-engineering-operations/research-development 2022-04-05 2022-06-04 chemicals Kuala Lumpur MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A renowned chemical company is recruiting for an R&D Chemist job.
About the R&D Chemist Role:
Reporting to the Category Manager, you will work on new product development, product improvement, and provide technical support to other internal functions.
- Plan experiments and provide guidance to technicians/chemist in colour formulation and experiments roll out
- Plan and implement approved formulations roll out into business system
- Collate and analyse data from benchmarking exercise, internal findings, or customers complaints to investigate problems/complaints
- Identify root cause and propose recommendations/solutions to solve and address issues
- Propose and discuss ideas for changes for product improvements based on data analysis, experimental result, and benchmarking exercise
- Propose changes to formulation for discussion with the Category Manager
- Generate reports and conduct presentations on projects
- Coordinate and conduct painter trial and production trial batches
- Conduct tests to validate accuracy of decorative paint database and make recommendations for improvements
- Develop decorative paint formula for production to enhance productivity
- Achieve customer satisfaction through effective handling of customers and suppliers
- Coordinate and conduct internal audit for ISO9001 and ISO14000
- Review and update procedures as per external or internal requirements or changes
- Coordinate with customer service and arrange for site investigation visits to customers
- Generate site investigation report and attend site meetings to communicate findings to customers
- Implement HSE initiatives with guidance from Supervisor and submit required HSE reports on monthly basis
- Maintain the housekeeping standard of the laboratory
- Conduct HSE assessment pertaining to raw material usage according to product stewardship requirements
To succeed in this R&D Chemist role, you must have at least four years of experience in an R&D position in a coatings manufacturing company.
- Tertiary qualification in Chemistry or relevant field of study
- Four years experience in coatings industry
- Strong analytical, problem solving and laboratory operation skills
- Team player and possess good interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively in cross functional teams
The company is a leading global chemical manufacturer that is well-known for providing innovative and high-quality products for customers worldwide.
If you are a team player with good interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively in cross functional teams, this R&D Chemist role is for you.
Apply today or contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +603 2303 7020 to find out more.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C