Head of R&D
Salary MYR144,000 - MYR240,000 per annum + Market Aligned
Location Bandar Baru EnstekFULL_TIME
Consultant Shanggar Ganesh Marimutu
Date posted 12 November 20192019-11-28 2020-01-11 fmcg Bandar Baru Enstek MY MYR 144000 240000 240000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A rapidly-growing food manufacturer is looking for a Head of R&D to lead all development and optimisation efforts of new products within a greenfield new plant setup project. In this job, you will report directly to the CEO.
About the Head of R&D Role:
In this position, you will be responsible for leading the new product development, nutrition and regulatory affairs departments in the commercialisation of new products.
- Creating a compelling vision for the role of new product development in delivering the overall business strategy
- Designing and developing new products and processes, process control of the products
- Sourcing of new ingredients from reliable suppliers and compare quality and price with procurement to ensure cost efficiency.
- Setting quality standards for the manufacture of new products
- Working with the production team to operationalise new products and processes
- Ensuring that the products comply with government regulations, brand values and consumer expectations
- Leading a cross-functional process to manage an NPD pipeline from concept to commercialisation in accordance with market demands, consumer insights/surveys, cost optimisation initiatives and government regulations ensuring products are launched on time and in line with product brief
- Building a superior team by retaining, recruiting and growing talent, establishing and executing development plans, identifying learning opportunities, and providing on-going feedback and coaching
- Training and development of technological knowledge to staff including recipes and processes
To be successful in this role, you should have prior new product development and R&D management experience within the food manufacturing environment, preferably handling bread products.
- Tertiary qualification in food science/baking science or related field of study
- 10 years of product development and R&D experience, preferably in the field of commercial bakery producing mass volume of bread, buns or similar products
- Strong knowledge of bakery functional ingredients is ideal
- Well-equipped in establishing the shelf life of finished products in terms of organoleptic evaluation and microbiological analysis
- Knowledge of developing other confectionery products, frozen bakery and other related products is an added advantage
- Able to work independently in a test kitchen
- Able to adopt innovation and creativity in its processes in terms of new ingredients and technology
- Excels at operating in a fast paced, community environment
- Open to direction and collaborative work style and commitment to get the job done
- Demonstrated leadership ability
This FMCG company is renowned regionally for their brand excellence and industry expertise. With their products being sold regionally, they are one of the market leaders in their category.
If you are seeking for a challenging and driven Head of R&D role with a rapidly growing organisation with great prospects, this is the role for you.
Apply now or email me at Shanggar.Marimutu@robertwalters.com.my to discuss this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C