Salary Market Aligned
Location Shah AlamFULL_TIME
Consultant Parvathee Ponniah
Date posted 12 November 20192019-11-12 2020-01-11 engineering Shah Alam MY MYR 120000 144000 144000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A leading chemical manufacturer is looking for a Senior Scientist to carry out new product development and technical support. In this job, you will report to the Sales Manager.
About the Senior Scientist Role:
In this position, you will be responsible for carrying out development, improvement and application work based on assigned projects.
- Develop, improve and customise new and existing products, equipment, formula and processes for continuous improvement to be competitive in the market
- Establish laboratory testing procedures, product and raw material specifications in line with the formulation requirements
- Provide technical support to production whenever there is bulk deviation, and advise the team accordingly on action points with management approval
- Drive research study and technical progression in new system for personal care or related category based on the latest science and technology
- Maintain a good document control system for all research data or information generated in the form of standard operating procedure (SOP), work instruction (WI) and any other research study
- Maintain a good document control system for formulation and other technical information
To be successful in this role, you must have prior experience in formulation with an emphasis on surfactants and new product development in the personal care or chemical business.
- Master’s degree or equivalent qualification in chemistry, biochemistry or other technical science subjects
- At least five years of experience in surfactants, oleochemical or personal care industry
- Good fundamentals in ISO 9001 and its principles
- Experience in formulation or development experience in cosmetic field will be an added advantage
- Knowledge in basic laboratory and chemical processes with the ability of risk assessment
- Project management, priority setting, inquisitive, perseverance, innovation, adaptability, eye for detail, resourceful, decision making
- Positive attitude, independent, proactive, ready to coach, open to new ideas
This organisation is a trusted brand in producing high quality materials. They attribute their success to their relentless focus on research and development to deliver innovative solutions for its customers across the globe.
If you are seeking a stable environment to grow your career, this Senior Scientist is the role for you. You will be a part of a supportive team and the opportunity to enhance technical capabilities will be provided for further career development.
Apply today or email me at Parvathee.firstname.lastname@example.org / call me at 03 2380 8700 to discuss this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C