Embedded Software Engineer
Consultant LeeLing Lim
Date posted 05 September 20192019-09-10 2019-11-04 electronics Perai MY 13600 MYR 84000 156000 156000 YEAR Laird Connectivity https://www.lairdconnect.com/ https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/client-job-logos/laird.gif
An exciting Embedded Software Engineer job has just become available at Laird Connectivity, an industry leader in IoT platforms and the manufacture and design of state-of-the-art OEM custom antennas.
About the Embedded Software Engineer Role:
Reporting to the Product Development Manager in Penang, Malaysia, this is a senior integrated embedded software leader position where system level design and development is coordinated within a team of additional alternate discipline design engineers to develop embedded software within the wireless technology device industry. You will develop state-of-the-art consumer, medical, and industrial products for a wide range of wireless device applications.
- Lead software development engineering projects following a formal process comprising requirement development and analysis, architecture design and optimisation, communication protocol development, high and low-level software development, code reviews, use of software standards and testing
- Prepare, review and approve documents, including requirements analysis, design, unit testing plans, release notes and user guides etc. while working closely with customers and other technical leaders
- Design, implement, test and debug complex embedded systems software
- Coordinate and participate in software design reviews and code reviews
- Develop test protocols and procedures for design verification
- Collaborate effectively with a team of other highly skilled interdisciplinary engineering professionals
- Effectively engage with customers to gather project scope and capture requirements
- Work with sales and customers to accurately scope and estimate project efforts and provide technical support
- Work closely with project management to plan and track project milestones and project issues and risks
- Deliver training, supervision and mentoring to the software engineering team
- Investigate, recommend and implement new technologies and processes
To succeed in this Embedded Software Engineer role, you must have working knowledge of embedded hardware (digital, analogue, RF), ability to read and interpret schematics, debug common hardware issues, and generate power calculations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical and Electronics Engineering or any relevant degree
- Strong knowledge and experience with C and/or C++ language
- Rich knowledge of common peripherals and interface drivers preferably in Linux applications is an added advantage
- Wireless industry knowledge or experience that includes one or more of the following wireless software protocols is strongly desired: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, LoRaWAN, DSSS/FHSS proprietary
- Working knowledge of the ARM architecture including a thorough understanding of interrupt handling
- Experience with Linux on ARM and/or x86 and basic understanding of Linux scheduling algorithms is an added advantage
- Experience developing Linux devices drivers and application development, cross-compiling toolchains for ARM and/or x86 and debugging system issues is an added advantage
- Working knowledge of embedded hardware (digital, analogue, RF), ability to read and interpret schematics, debug common hardware issues, and generate power calculations
- Wireless industry knowledge and experience in Cellular based systems (GSM, WCDMA, CDMA, CDMA2000, HSPA, LTE, etc.) including familiarity with radio communication testers experience preferred
Laird Connectivity simplifies the enablement of wireless technologies with market-leading wireless modules and antennas, integrated sensor and gateway platforms, and customer-specific wireless solutions. Their best-in-class support and comprehensive engineering services help reduce risk and improve time-to-market. When you need unmatched wireless performance to connect electronics with security and confidence, Laird Connectivity delivers — no matter what.
This organisation highly regards thinkers who are empowered to generate and deliver solutions for customers, community and environment. Their mission is providing effective solutions and offering better value for money.
If you are driven, determined and want to step up in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Embedded Software Engineer job.
If you would like to apply for this role or find out more, please contact LIM Lee Ling on +6012-549 3232 or email to email@example.com quoting the Job Reference No. 1490210.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
License Number : JTKSM 423C-1A