R&D Director (Japanese Speaking)
Salary Attractive Package
Location Shah AlamFULL_TIME
Consultant Sujatha Manogaran
Date posted 12 March 2019 2019-03-122019-05-08 manufacturing-and-production Shah Alam MY MYR 20000 30000 30000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my
An attractive R&D Director job at a regional leader in industrial parts manufacturing has just arisen. You will take the lead to manage product development and formulation activities to sustain the company’s position as the market leader.
About the R&D Director Role:
In this position, you will take ownership of R&D strategies and pursue innovative ideas for the coatings and metal alloy product segment.
- Lead and strategise the R&D Department to develop new products for sustainable growth of the company
- Lead cross-functional teams for product development during conceptualisation/inception, planning, execution, evaluation, product launch and customer acceptance stages
- Initiate and implement new formulation, process improvement and cost saving projects
- Conduct technical assessments for evaluation of new products/processes and to re-engineer existing products/processes
- Develop and maintain project plans, identify critical paths and resources required to ensure project success
- Provide leadership and guidance for non-routine problems requiring substantial judgement in the independent evaluation, selection and adaption of standard engineering techniques, procedures and criteria
- Stay apprised of technologies in the industry by reviewing technical literature and attending relevant industry seminars
To succeed in the R&D Director role, you will need to have an innovative mindset and tenacity to successfully develop coating related products that addresses the demands of the market. You will also need to be able to converse and write in the Japanese language fluently
- Tertiary qualification in polymer, material engineering, chemistry, metallurgy or relevant field of study
- 10 - 15 years of R&D (managing formulation) working experience in coating, polymer or metal industry from product concept to commercialisation stage
- A strong innovator, creative and intuitive to develop solutions that addresses market demand
- A self-starter, strong leader and possess a positive outlook
- Strong analytical capability and influential
- Possess sound commercial acumen and able to foster a strong customer relationship
- Good proficiency in English for business communication
This company has recorded strong growth for several decades and is a market leader in industrial parts which are used by OEM companies to manufacture industrial appliances. Their forte is in speciality coatings which enhances the performance and robustness of the industrial parts.
If you are a strategic R&D professional who is seeking a challenging role to take your career to the next level, this is the opportunity for you. You will be part of a progressive team that is poised to breaking new grounds in the industry.
Apply now or email me at Sujatha.Manogaran@robertwalters.com.my / call me at 03 2380 8763 to discuss this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C