Senior R&D Chemist
Salary Lucrative Package
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Parvathee Ponniah
Date posted 06 September 2018 2018-09-062018-11-05 manufacturing-and-production Menara 3 Petronas Persiaran KLCC Kuala Lumpur 50088 Robert Walters Malaysia
A leading coatings manufacturer is looking for a Senior R&D Chemist to carry out product development, process design and process validation. This position reports to the Technical Director.
About the Senior R&D Chemist Role:
In this position, you will be responsible for carrying out product development work based on assigned projects.
- Responsible for formulating new products and improving existing products in compliance with the company’s quality standard in terms of safety, stability and performance
- To discuss project objectives with relevant departments to gain a comprehensive understanding of the scope and definition of the product to be delivered
- Responsible for process design, formula cost reduction, and procedural improvement
- Establishing manufacturing procedure, product and raw material specification in line with the formulation requirement in a timely manner
- Work closely with marketing team to ensure smooth project execution and lending support to Sales
- Responsible for timely implementation of projects, analysing and interpreting laboratory results
- Providing technical support to production whenever there is bulk deviation, and advise the team accordingly
- To drive research study and technical progression in new system for coatings or related category based on the latest science and technology whilst promoting a culture of innovation
- To efficiently develop and utilise people, equipment, material, utilities and budget to meet requirement for safety, environment, quality, labour and expenses.
To be successful in this role, you must have prior experience in formulating, developing and implementing new products within the chemical coatings industry.
- Tertiary qualification in Chemistry or relevant field of study from a recognised institution of higher learning
- Over 5 years of experience in formulation within the coatings industry
- Experience in formulation or development in coatings and testing techniques
- Knowledgeable in R&D Product Realisation Process and process risk assessment
- Able to discern slight colour variability with good foundation in colour matching
- Possess knowledge of business, including Supply Chain and Sales/Marketing
- Understanding of market requirements, competitive products and performance
- Display the following traits: inquisitive, perseverance, innovation, adaptability, eye for details, resourceful, decision making
This multinational company needs no introduction and is recognised as a leader in their field of expertise. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude, the potential rewards are definitely significant. The firm is also very focused on developing their employees to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take a step up in your career, this is the role for you. Great opportunities await the right candidate in this exciting Senior R&D Chemist role.
If you would like to apply for this role or find out more, please contact Parvathee Ponniah via email at firstname.lastname@example.org using the reference number 1351560/001.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTK2125
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd (formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd) Business Registration Number : 729828-T Licence Number : JTK2125