Location Kuala Lumpur
Consultant Sujatha Manogaran
Date posted 19 June 2018Menara 3 Petronas Persiaran KLCC Kuala Lumpur 50088 Robert Walters Malaysia
An established FMCG company is looking for a Packaging Lead to identify and implement opportunities for innovation and renovations, quality improvement and cost savings.
About the Packaging Lead Role:
In this Packaging Lead position, you will be driving innovation in packaging solutions and assessing competitive packaging design (materials and equipment) to minimise waste.
- Support regional and local packaging projects in collaboration with other technical functions
- Provide technical support to Operations team to ensure product feasibility and full compliance to local as well as international legislation's
- Lead value creation projects by introducing new packaging developments to remain competitive
- Manage product and packaging quality improvement projects together with Quality and Supply Chain teams
- Promote awareness and drive packaging solutions to reduce environmental impact
- Transfer technical knowledge to packaging specialists and develop high performance team for succession planning
- Support packaging buyer in technical area by sharing knowledge
- Create packaging functional and technical brief which covers communication matrix, financial overview, project planning and risk assessment
- Lead and execute bench top trials and testing and subsequently coordinating factory trials
- Accountable for updating packaging specifications and packaging data in the system
- Support marketing to translate the consumer needs to functional solutions
- Obtain insights from packaging suppliers to promote packaging innovation ideas
- Participate in supplier audits
To succeed in the Packaging Lead role, you will need to have a successful track record of managing packaging development projects from initial concept, throughout trial tests, line commissioning and project handover/closure.
- Tertiary qualification in packaging, materials science, chemistry or relevant field of study
- Minimum 8 years’ packaging development experience in FMCG manufacturing industry
- Well versed in packaging technology processes and materials development knowledge
- Excellent interpersonal, resource management, communication and presentation skills for all levels of management
- Good commercial acumen and project management skills
- Strong planning capability and organised
- Influential leader who is able to mentor the team and drive high performance culture
- Good teamwork approach
This company is renowned globally for producing high quality consumer products. They are market leaders for their product category and are poised to reaffirm their strong branding through continuous product innovation.
If you are someone who has a keen interest to take your career forward with a company that invests in improvement projects, this is an excellent opportunity for you to be a part of a progressive team.
Apply now or email me at Sujatha.Manogaran@robertwalters.com.my / call me at 03 2380 8763 to discuss this new opportunity.
Business Registration Number: 729828-T
Licence Number: JTK2125
Business Registration Number: 729828-T Licence Number: JTK2125