Silicon Research & Development Manager
Salary From RM200,000 per annum and above
Consultant CheeMing Lim
Date posted 28 February 2018Menara 3 Petronas Persiaran KLCC Kuala Lumpur 50088 Robert Walters Malaysia
As a result of global expansion and significant investment by a leading solar renewable energy manufacturer, they are looking for a Silicon Research & Development Manager focusing on Polysilicon, Crystalline Silicon Ingot and Silicon Wafer to be based in Malaysia. They have multi manufacturing facilities and research & development centres globally and this role will be reporting to the Vice President of Research & Development and Deployment.
About the Silicon Research & Development Manager Role:
As the Silicon Research & Development Manager, you are responsible to develop technology and cost roadmap for polysilicon, crystalline silicon ingot and silicon wafer to ensure proper technology deployment, integration and ramp up of production from R&D centres to manufacturing facilities. This involved working with cross functional team in both R&D centre & manufacturing to ensure timely meet organisation objectives.
- Manage a team of highly educated and skilled silicon engineers and technicians
- Lead research, develop and deploy innovative Silicon technology from innovation to production
- Collaborate with other segment of R&D teams; Cell/Module/Reliability
- Explore new technology and opportunity in polysilicon, ingot growth and wafering processes
- Understand Silicon supply partners’ technology and performance towards latest silicon technology and cost roadmaps, and support their further cost reduction efforts
- Lead new technology and cost reduction projects, including opportunity identification, cost analysis, project planning, execution, and reporting
- Provides concise reports detailing the progress, status and outlook for projects assigned
The successful candidate must already be an expert in the field of silicon with the strong combination of credential and professional work experiences in the solar renewable energy industry.
- Minimum M.S. Degree with eight years' experience or Ph.D. with six years' experience in solar industry
- An expert in the field and integration of silicon wafering/cell/module processes
- In-depth knowledge of and significant work experiences with Silicon defects and characterisations
- Demonstrated leadership skills and management experiences
- Possess significant insights on overall Silicon supply chain and market
- Ability to work effectively with broad range of cross-functioning partners within the company
This globally solar renewable energy manufacturer is a major global brand providing innovation, manufacturing and sustainability. They have an outstanding reputation in its field and places great value on its' employee's career development with opportunity to expand his/her career across multiple countries.
This role is open for expatriate and if you are a progressive Silicon Research & Development Manager and willing to relocate for this excellent opportunity to work in the emerging sector of renewable energy that will be a new ground breaking sector in the next decade to come.
Apply now or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Business Registration Number: 729828-T
Licence Number: JTK2125
Business Registration Number: 729828-T Licence Number: JTK2125