Senior System Control Engineer
Salary Attractive Package
Consultant Venessa Soon
Date posted 16 January 2018Menara 3 Petronas Persiaran KLCC Kuala Lumpur 50088 Robert Walters Malaysia
An exciting Senior System Control Engineer job has just become available at one of the leading automation companies based in Penang. Reporting directly to the Assistant Manager Electrical Engineering, this is a role for a senior engineer who is a leader in their field.
About the Senior System Control Engineer Role:
In this business critical role, you will be responsible for developing systems that are reliable and effective by mitigating risk and reducing failure, gather requirements, develop models and create prototypes in a timely and effective manner to increase a project’s safety and success.
- Designs and drafts arrangement/ linkage of conductors, relays, and other components
- Diagrams logic system for functions such as sequence and timing control
- Designs and drafts cable connection diagrams
- Illustrates and describes installation and maintenance details
- Determines power and load requirements/restrictions
- Writes and debugs PLC code and/or Labview
- Troubleshoots software communications
- Writes device drivers
- Provides direction and guidance to multiple designers, programmers, and builders
- Prepares documentation
- Assists with training and evaluating electrical engineering and electrical build staff
- Follows safety rules and keeps work area in clean and orderly condition
To succeed in the Senior System Control Engineer job, you must have at least a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering and a minimum of five years' controls engineering experience in custom automation; or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, Excel
- Ability to read, analyse, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents
- Ability to write speeches, make presentations, and write articles for publication
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts (exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations)
- Ability to apply mathematical operations (frequency distribution, test reliability and validity determination, variance analysis, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis)
- Good knowledge of electromechanical relationships of an entire automation system
- Ability to design basic power distribution and control circuits
- Ability to write and debug multiple-station PLC code
- Ability to program MMI devices and design interface circuitry
- Ability to determine power and load requirements and restrictions
- Ability to troubleshoot RS-232 communications and to write device drivers
This automation company is an international provider of assembly automation systems, production and assembly solutions that are customised solutions for their clients. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant. The organisation is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Senior System Control Engineer job.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Business Registration Number: 729828-T
Licence Number: JTK2125
Business Registration Number: 729828-T Licence Number: JTK2125