Staff Supplier Mould Quality Engineer
Salary Market Aligned
Consultant Audrey Ng
Job Ref 1878400/001
Date posted 25 November 2022penang mining-engineering-operations/quality-assurance 2022-11-25 2023-01-24 automotive Penang Penang MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A Staff Supplier Mould Quality Engineer job has become available at a multinational company in Penang.
About the Staff Supplier Mould Quality Engineer Role:
In this business critical role, you will be responsible for assisting the Department Head in managing the all quality matters regarding mould from the suppliers.
- Manage the quality performance of assigned suppliers, Engineering Plastics Specialist in part design, mould design, moulding process and maintenance
- Translate special characteristics from designer to preventive quality expectations towards suppliers
- Support Project Management Quality (PMQ) Engineer to validate designer’s part design manufacturability and suppliers mould design is capable to meet 2D drawing requirements
- Support PMQ Engineer to verify preventive measures plan by supplier can be effective and sustainable
- Verify the performance and capacity of moulds and processes on-site at supplier with PMQ engineer during ramp-up and demand increase
- Validate suppliers' process controls and records are not deviating from approved PPAP or Initial Sample Inspection Reports (ISIR)
- Support problem-solving activities due to quality complaints caused by suppliers
- Share lessons learnt from suppliers’ quality incidents to relevant automotive plants
- Verify effectiveness of suppliers’ corrective actions for audits, Quality Complaints, Quality Basics (14Q), Supplier Escalation Programsmes
- Support suppliers’ visits to plants, e.g. escalation meetings, quality improvement meetings
- Escalate to supplier's management and internal escalation to supervisor if there are no improvements by suppliers
- Suggest suppliers for new part awarding
- Participate in the visit/audit of potential new suppliers
To succeed in this role, you must have a diploma or bachelor’s degree in polymer, metallurgy, mechanical engineering or other related engineering fields.
- At least 10 years’ experience with Engineering Plastics Mould Design or Fabrication or Maintenance (years not a problem, more emphasised in skills)
- Familiar with problem solving, quality methods such as 8D, Ishikawa, 5-Why analysis, APQP, PPAP, FMEA, control plans, SPC, MSA and quality tools
- Flexible, independent, keen to learn, proactive, team player, good inter and intra personal skills, good communication skills in English, hunger for challenges, structured, ability to manage stress well
- Willingness to travel to ASEAN countries such as Vietnam, Thailand, Singapore, Philippines, Indonesia, etc.
As one of the international market leaders, this organisation needs no introduction and is still going strong to develop and grow their presence and business globally. They have solid financial background and a large corporation that is constantly seeking new growth and breaking new grounds.
If you are experienced in moulding and quality management and are looking to step into a growing multinational corporation, then this Staff Supplier Mould Quality Engineer role is the job for you.
Apply today or email me at email@example.com to discuss further. Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: PenangDate posted: 10 November 2022A Cleanroom/High Purity Engineer job has just become available at one of the most respected manufacturing and production firms based in Penang. Reporting directly to the Production Manager, this is a role for an cleanroom specialist talent who is able to operate, maintain and make improvements in manufacturing cleanroom settings.