Quality Assurance Manager
Salary MYR156,000 - MYR180,000 per annum + Market Aligned
Consultant Shanggar Ganesh Marimutu
Job Ref 1847030/001
Date posted 06 September 2022shah-alam mining-engineering-operations/quality-assurance 2022-09-16 2022-11-05 food-manufacturing Klang MY MYR 156000 180000 180000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A leading edible oils manufacturer is recruiting for a Quality Assurance Manager job to provide leadership in areas of quality and manage change control processes and risk assessments to bring the company to the next level. This position directly reports to the CEO.
About the Quality Assurance Manager Role:
In this position, you will be responsible for leading all implementation of quality systems and improvement initiatives in line with the dynamic movement of both the company and market requirements.
- Maintaining and improving quality system to ensure the consistency and compliance on product quality and supply the products that meet or exceed the regulation and customer expectations
- Ensuring the planning, implementation, control and monitor for the management of quality assurance/quality control activities
- Leading a team of quality personnel in ensuring incoming raw and packaging materials, processing aids, in plant processes, online packing, finished products, bulk and local dispatch quality comply to company, customer and statutory requirements
- Maintaining effective QA and QC systems and procedures for day-to-day operations. Active participation in the all the food/feed safety, quality, RSPO/MSPO/ISCC, safety and environmental care management system implementation and certification programmes
- Monitoring and ensuring the continuous improvement on product quality and quality system as per the requirements of GMP, ISO 9001, HACCP, ensuring the highest performance during normal operations, internal audits, third party inspections and certification processes
- Providing technical support and services, addressing quality issues, and managing internal corrective and preventive actions for continual improvement
- Coordinating, executing, reporting and following up on Food Safety Inspections according to AIB standard and of the mock recall drill in compliance with ISO 9001, HACCP, and customer requirements
- Issuing customer specifications, revise finished product specifications and ensuring information is correct, updated and organised for easy access, tracking and auditing
- Enforcing quality, food/feed safety and sustainability policies and QMS/HACCP plans
- Continually reviewing to improve laboratory system standard and operating procedures
- Assuring that the product measurement systems meet customer requirements
- Ensuring that the quality of raw materials, finished goods and in-process products are within the specifications
- Document and organise internal audits, as well as leading the auditee team for external audits done by customers, government authorities and certification parties
- Overseeing the supplier development and evaluation programme with the aim to permanently monitor, control and improve the quality status of raw material and finished goods, initiating corrective action whenever an improvement plan is needed
- Communicating with external parties such as suppliers, local authorities, statutory and regulatory authorities, or other organisation that have an impact to food and feed safety
To be successful in this Quality Assurance Manager role, you must have at least ten years of quality assurance management experience, preferably in the edible oils/oleochemical refinery manufacturing industry.
- Degree in Chemistry/Chemical Engineering or related field of study
- Minimum 10 years’ working experience handling quality assurance in the edible oil/oleochemical/food manufacturing environment
- Strong knowledge of ISO 9001, HACCP, Food/Feed Safety, RSPO/MSPO/ISCC standards
- Prior experience within a vegetable oil and fats manufacturing environment is highly preferable
- Good understanding of chemistry, analytical equipment and methodology used in QA/QC laboratory
- Knowledge of ICPMS and GC analysis/interpretation of result
- High integrity with good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong leadership and abilities in leading and moulding a discipline and efficient working culture for the department
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style
- Ability to look at situations from several points of view
- Excellent organisational skills and able to work independently with minimum supervision
- Resourceful, proactive and dynamic personality
This company is renowned regionally for their brand excellence and industry expertise. With such iconic consumer brand names, they are a market leader in their category.
If you are an operationally strong and dynamic Quality Assurance Manager who excels in improving quality systems, this opportunity will enable you to further develop your production knowledge and exposure in a rapidly growing manufacturing environment.
Apply today or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss this opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: MYR130,000 - MYR195,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: Shah AlamDate posted: 22 August 2022A leading food manufacturing company is seeking an Engineering Manager (Beverage Manufacturing). In this job, you will control and manage production equipment maintenance and utilities to ensure technical performance and high reliability of manufacturing facilities.