QA Supplier Manager
Salary Market Aligned
Location Pasir GudangFULL_TIME
Consultant Sue Ann Yong
Job Ref 1837170/001
Date posted 14 August 2022johor-bahru mining-engineering-operations/quality-assurance 2022-08-14 2022-10-13 fmcg Pasir Gudang MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A leading food manufacturing company is recruiting for a QA Supplier Manager job to be responsible for wide range of supplier quality activity at vendor's factory. This role reports to the Senior Quality Assurance Supplier Manager.
About the QA Supplier Manager Role:
The QA Supplier Manager is responsible for managing the assurance of materials, implementing material quality management process, conducting risk management of supplier/supplier process and supply chain of a material, continuously developing supplier and conducting supplier quality performance review to ensure consistent capabilities of suppliers to meet specifications and company quality standards.
- Manage the quality related activities at a number of third-party manufacturing and suppliers producing product on behalf of to ensure safe, efficacious and quality product can be supplied in accordance to regulatory and business requirements
- Visit third party manufacturing and supplier locations routinely to build and maintain expertise with products and manufacturing processes building a close working relation with the third-party manufacturing and supplier
- Assess and confirms supplier’s capability to meet company standards of supply, through performing the SQA audit, reviewing of analytical data compliance, performing and review of process capability trial data and verifying that supplier hazard controls are operating effectively
- Implement MQM/PQM process by working closely with supplier, educating and providing advice, information and support to supplier which leads to achievement of process compliance
- Support the supplier to address gaps in Q&FS capability identified through audits
- Conduct supplier risk assessment through initial qualification audits during supplier selection and frequent supplier audit, provide advice on the suitability of material specifications and ensure specifications are signed off by supplier
- Contribute quality and food safety and supplier insights to the sourcing strategy
- Conduct supplier quality performance reviews and update supplier status to business, monitor to ensure that supplier performance conforms to company specification, measure supplier KPIs and report to the business
- Undertakes supplier development activities to build technical and operational capability to meet the future requirements of the supply strategy
- Manage material non-conformance by investigating cause of defect, ensuring effective corrective and preventive action plan in place, supervising necessarily sorting out process at supplier/ company warehouse, follow up the implementation of action plan to eliminate/minimise recurrence
- Maintain supplier assurance database and supplier files for respective portfolio
- Share accountability with buyers for the preliminary supplier assessment
- Undertake the SQA process with suppliers to proactively ensure that the Quality Systems are in place to enable the delivery of all raw materials to company manufacturing facilities to MQM standards and specification. The SQA specialist has three main purposes; the assessment and improvement of a supplier’s capability to meet specification, to ensure the resolution of non-conforming material issues and the development of the supply base to meet future requirements
To succeed in this QA Supplier Manager role, you will need to have strong knowledge in end-to-end supplier quality management and have experience in validating/managing supplier quality.
- Degree in Food Science, Food Engineering, Food Technology or related field of study
- Minimum of five years’ work experience in the food manufacturing environment
- Good analytical, interpersonal, communication and influencing skills
- Ability to work independently and willing to undertake regular travel
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style
- Open to direction and collaborative work style and commitment to get the job done
- Ability to look at situations from several points of view
- Demonstrated leadership ability
This organisation is a well-established multinational FMCG company with strong global presences. They attribute their success to their relentless focus on research and development to provide the top-notch food related products for its customers across the globe.
If you are a progressive QA Supplier Manager with a can-do attitude, this is an excellent opportunity to work with an industry leader that is constantly breaking new ground.
Apply today or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: KulimDate posted: 11 September 2022An exciting Staff Process Engineer job based in Kulim, Kedahin a world-leading manufacturing and production company in the electronics solutions industry has just become available. This role is the key person to develop, maintain and troubleshoot process related systems and issues.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Johor BahruDate posted: 08 August 2022An ecofriendly company is seeking an Electrical Engineer to carry out electrical maintenance activities of the newly built biofuel plant. This position directly reports to the Project Director.