Quality Assurance Manager
Consultant LeeLing Lim
Date posted 30 October 20192019-10-30 2019-12-29 electronics Penang Penang MY MYR 195000 260000 260000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Quality Assurance Manager job has just become available at one of the biggest multinational electronics manufacturing company based in Penang, Malaysia. Reporting directly to the Global Director of Quality, this is a role for a manager leading a team of quality engineers in driving continuous improvement in resource efficiency and effectiveness within their team.
About the Quality Assurance Manager Role:
In this role, you will drive continuous improvement through the drive and demonstrate success to manage the quality department to include performance evaluations and goal setting. You will also need to provide exceptional support to customers, team members, and shareholders and work with cross functional teams.
- Recruitment and retention - responsible for recruitment, establishing hiring criteria, retention rate, training and development of quality team in the plant
- Employee and team development - responsible for identifying the strength and gap within the team and establishing training and development modules to strengthen the quality team and to perform succession planning for the future
- Develop and maintain a quality management system in compliance with corporate directives
- Schedule and conduct internal audits as required to comply with quality management system requirements
- Provide monthly reports, to include supplier quality and Sales and Operations Planning Metrics
- Review, audit, train, and provide direction to the function of all system standards which may include ISO 9001, ISO/TS-16949, AS9100, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001 as well as others
- Under Corporate Quality direction, use specialised quality engineering knowledge to coordinate and initiate new quality methods to meet current and future customer requirements, planned corporate objectives, and improved production capabilities and standa
- Review customer and sales problems/requests, to evaluate technical solutions to product performance in the field. Initiate studies and testing to gather data for production evaluations
- Review blueprints, drawings and quotations of products to monitor, analyse and react to requirements
- Instruct and follow up on information and documentation of statistics and reporting for database programmes
- Coordinate the preparation of reports from scrap, tool samples, process control plans and quality procedures Recommend changes to methods, equipment and personnel to improve quality and reduce costs. Discuss and resolve quality concerns with other departments
- Work with Engineering and manufacturing to review pre and post production process variables, problem areas, required inspection tooling, and required documentation
- Control non-conformance both externally and internally including material non-conformance. Initiate, implement and verify corrective actions
- Manage ISO requirements and corrective actions for key quality activities including inspection and testing, inspection measuring and test equipment, inspection and test status and control of quality records, customer complaints, etc.
- Work with engineering and manufacturing to reduce inspection while decreasing defects via quality ownership (e.g., increased operator/setup involvement) and quality prevention initiatives
- Ensure highest levels of customer satisfaction are maintained for customer quality and customer complaint responsiveness
- Adheres to quality and safety systems or maintenance of quality and safety standards. Ensure 100% adherence to all company policies and procedures (i.e. health and safety, quality)
To succeed in this Quality Assurance Manager role, you must in-depth knowledge of QMS, ability to handle a high-mix, low-volume manufacturing environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Business, masters degree preferred
- Minimum of 10 years' related experience in quality and/or manufacturing
- At least five years' in management and working with quality management systems
- Certified Lean-Six Sigma Green Belt or equivalent experience (Lean-Six Sigma Black Belt preferred)
This organisation is much more than a manufacturing plant and is anything but traditional. They have the people and ethos to act with speed, innovation, enterprise and creativity. The scope of the offer, the size of the business, the freedom and autonomy to drive your career forward all adds up to a great place to work.
If you are driven, determined and want to step up in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Quality Assurance Manager role.
If you would like to apply for this role or find out more, please contact LIM Lee Ling on +6012-549 3232 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the Job Reference No. 1500710.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
License Number: JTKSM 423C