Senior Quality Assurance Manager
Salary Attractive Package
Consultant Cayton Khoo
Date posted 24 October 20192019-10-24 2019-12-23 engineering Penang Bayan Lepas MY 11900 MYR 208000 325000 325000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Senior Quality Assurance Manager job has just become available at one of the most respected manufacturing and production firms based in Penang. Reporting directly to the Senior Site Quality Manager, this is a role for an senior manager who is well-versed in quality assurance.
About the Senior Quality Assurance Manager Role:
Due to excellent results and future expansion plans, the Senior Quality Assurance Manager will play a key role in the engineering team continued development and success.
- Recruitment and retention - responsible for recruitment, establishing hiring criteria, retention rate, training and development of quality team in the plant
- Employee and team development - responsible for identifying the strength and gap within the team and establishing training and development modules to strengthen the quality team and to perform succession planning for the future
- Performance management - establish clear measurable goals and objectives for the team, performance evaluation, responsible for driving team direction, employee motivation and continuous improvement for the team
- Communication - responsible for ensuring proper communication of ideas and information for the team, encouraging input for the team and ensuring good communication among the team members
- Business strategy and direction - have a clear picture for the company and plant's direction, define and develop strategies in line to contribute to the company's direction, coordinate individual teams in the quality department ensuring team strategies are in line with company direction and ensure proper execution of strategies via collaboration with other departments in the company
- Cost management - monitor and ensure cost reduction strategies are in place, executed and provide a clear interdepartmental communication to ensure cost and cost trends are kept in check
- Forecast development and accuracy - prepare timely departmental forecast based on historical forecast and actual results
- Drive departmental continuous improvement through analysis and reports ensuring data collected are properly utilised
- Ensure up to date procedures and work instructions
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service; anticipate, meet, and exceed expectations by solving problems quickly and effectively; make customer issues a priority
- Understand and drive regulatory and compliance certifications as appropriate (i.e. regulatory requirements surrounding ISO9000, ISO13485, ISO14000, QS9000, BABT, TUV). Act as the company’s quality management representative (QMR)
- Establish new measurement systems if/where possible
- Exchange knowledge and information with other facilities to ensure best practices are shared throughout the organisation
- Ensure 100% adherence to all company policies and procedures (i.e. health and safety, quality)
- Ensure all sensitive and confidential information is handled appropriately
- Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by the supervisor
To succeed in this role, you must possess a minimum of 10 years of experience in a quality function in medical device manufacturing, two years in a supervisory role, in-depth knowledge of medical device related standards, capability to handle more than 2000 headcount and able to handle a high-mix, low-volume manufacturing environment.
- Strong understanding of ISO standards for medical device manufacturing with experience in medical products and electronic products manufacturing
- Ability to manage a headcount of about 2000 people
- Ability to manage the quality team and operations team in a high-mix, low-volume manufacturing environment
- Ability to multitask to handle different requests from different stakeholders of the company (external and internal) and performing the necessary actions to fulfil those requests
- Ability to understand and communicate common scientific and technical journals, financial reports and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to enquiries from all stakeholders, advance software skills to introduce training and knowledge of company's software packages and tailor quality tools training to the whole organisation
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardisation exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
This company is much more than a manufacturing plant and is anything but traditional. They have the people and ethos to act with speed, innovation, enterprise and creativity. The scope of the offer, the size of the business, the freedom and autonomy to drive your career forward all adds up to a great place to work.
If you are a progressive Senior Quality Assurance Manager with a can-do attitude, this is an excellent opportunity to work with an industry leader that is constantly breaking new ground.
Apply today or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
License Number: JTKSM 423C