Supplier Quality Manager
Salary Market Aligned
Consultant LeeLing Lim
Date posted 23 August 20192019-08-23 2019-10-22 manufacturing-and-production Penang MY MYR 100000 200000 200000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Supplier Quality Manager job has just become available at one of the biggest multinational manufacturing and production firms based in Penang, Malaysia. Reporting directly to the Senior Site Quality Manager, this is a role for a manager leading a team of Supplier Quality Engineers to drive continuous improvements in resource efficiency and effectiveness within their team.
About the Supplier Quality Manager Role:
In this role, you will be responsible for driving continuous improvements and demonstrate success in new supplier sourcing, qualification and development as well as continuous improvement initiatives in quality, cost and productivity. You will also need to provide exceptional support to customers, team members, and shareholders and work with cross-functional teams.
- Determines the objectives, targets and goals for the supplier quality team and its individual team members
- Measures progress and identifies/takes the necessary actions when objectives, targets and/or goals are not met
- Leads the coordination and synchronisation of activities within their respective commodities with those of the other commodity teams
- Manages the team activities, initiatives, progress and trends focused on continuous improvement of supplier performance/capabilities
- Drives the incorporation of these requirements into global systems and processes wherever possible
- Drives enhancements to global systems, processes and tools to support changing/evolving global needs/requirements
- Identifies resources required to support existing and future requirements within their respective commodities
- Recruits, selects, develops, leads, coaches and mentors global supplier quality engineering resources, focusing on continuous improvement in efficiency and effectiveness
- Drives continuous improvements in supplier performance within the commodities assigned
- Ensures that supplier development activities are identified and initiated utilising the corrective action process, and progress is monitored/measured through monthly/quarterly scorecard reviews
- Provides support to other commodity teams, as able, for supplier selection, development, issue investigation and resolution
- Bachelor’s of degree in any relevant discipline preferred with demonstrated technical expertise in one or more commodity fields
- A minimum of 10 years of supplier quality and development engineering experience or any quality engineering related function
- At least three years of experience in a managerial position
- Experience in IATF16949 and/or ISO13485 is an added advantage
- Excellent communication skills and ability to lead a team
This company is much more than a manufacturing plant and is anything but traditional. They have the people and ethos to act with speed, innovation, enterprise and creativity. The scope of the offer, the size of the business, the freedom and autonomy to drive your career forward all adds up to a great place to work.
If you are a progressive Supplier Quality Manager with a can-do attitude, this is an excellent opportunity to work with an industry leader that is constantly breaking new ground. If you are up for taking on a new challenge, this is the role for you. The opportunities to progress are ever-present, with the option of global mobility as well.
If you would like to apply for this role or find out more, please contact LIM Lee Ling on +604-6090506 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the Job Reference No. 1481910.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
License Number : JTKSM 423C-1A