Salary MYR96,000 - MYR120,000 per annum
Consultant Shanggar Ganesh Marimutu
Date posted 04 October 2018Menara 3 Petronas Persiaran KLCC Kuala Lumpur 50088 Robert Walters Malaysia
One of the leading food manufacturing companies that has a global recognition is looking for a Quality Manager to provide leadership in areas of quality and manage change control processes and risk assessments to bring the company to the next level. This position directly reports to the VP of Operations.
About the Quality Manager Role:
In this position, you will be responsible for leading all implementation of quality systems and improvement initiatives in line with the dynamic movement of both the company and market requirements.
- Responsible for maintaining & improving Quality System ensuring the consistency and compliance on product quality and supplying the products that meet or exceed the regulation and customer expectations
- Ensuring the planning, implementation, control and monitor for the management of Quality Assurance/Quality Control activities
- Monitoring and ensuring the continuous improvement on product quality and quality system as per the requirements of GMP, AIB, ISO, HACCP, ensuring the highest performance during normal operations, internal audits, 3rd party inspections and certification processes
- Providing technical support and services, addressing quality issues and managing internal corrective and preventive actions for continual improvement
- Responsible of coordinating, executing, reporting and following up on Food Safety Inspections according to AIB standard and of the mock recall drill in compliance with ISO, HACCP, AIB and customer requirements
- Responsible of issuing customer specifications, revise finished product specifications and ensuring information is correct, updated & organised for easy access, tracking & auditing
- Continually reviewing to improve laboratory system standard and operating procedures
- Assuring that the product measurement systems meet customer requirements
- Ensuring that the quality of raw materials, finished goods and in-process products are within the specifications
- Overall responsible of Supplier Development & Evaluation program with the aim to permanently monitor, control and improve the quality status of raw material and finished goods, initiating corrective action whenever an improvement plan is needed
- Developing and enhancing techniques and procedure for inspecting and testing to recommend modifications in products and standards and analysis of customer complaints
- Working closely with the Operations team on troubleshooting of product quality issues and process control optimisation
- Communicating with external parties such as suppliers, local authorities, statutory and regulatory authorities or other organisation that have an impact to food and feed safety
To be successful in this role, you must have prior quality management experience in the food manufacturing industry.
- Degree in Food Science/Food Technology/Chemical Engineering or related field of study
- Minimum of five years’ working experience handling quality assurance in the food manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of local Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) regulations, AIB, HACCP & ISO standards
- Have a good understanding of chemistry, analytical equipment and methodology used in QA/QC laboratory
- High integrity with good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong leadership and abilities in leading and moulding a discipline and efficient working culture for the department
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style
- Ability to look at situations from several points of view
- Excellent organisational skills and able to work independently with minimum supervision
- Resourceful, proactive and dynamic personality
This company is renowned internationally for their brand excellence and industry expertise. With their products being sold in over 150 countries, they are a market leader in their category.
If you are an operationally strong and dynamic Quality Manager who excels in improving quality systems, this opportunity will enable you to further develop your production knowledge and exposure in a rapidly growing FMCG manufacturing environment.
Apply today or call me to discuss this opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTK2125
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd (formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd) Business Registration Number : 729828-T Licence Number : JTK2125