Head of Quality
Salary MYR156,000 - MYR216,000 per annum
Location Kuala Lumpur
Consultant Shanggar Ganesh Marimutu
Date posted 24 September 2018Menara 3 Petronas Persiaran KLCC Kuala Lumpur 50088 Robert Walters Malaysia
One of the world leading retailers is looking for a dynamic Head of Quality to lead all product regulatory compliance and new product development initiatives along quality control of retail operations. This position reports directly to the Product Regulatory Compliance & International Technical Director.
About the Head of Quality Role:
In this position, you will be responsible to ensure that product safety standards are managed, and group legal and technical policies are implemented in a way that protects customers and avoids legal action and reputation damage.
- Leading the team responsible for the development of new products and ensure effective quality assurance in the distribution network
- Providing technical and regulatory expertise to ensure that our stores operate legally and in line with the best practices
- Ensuring the implementation of group product safety policies, procedures for product development, distribution quality assurance and retail operations that assure safety for customers
- Managing and developing the team of product technologists and quality specialists in a way that ensures that practical and commercially minded advice and support is given to operational managers
- Providing expert advice to the business on technical issues related to product quality and retail operations
- Looking for and implementing innovative solutions to product development and motivating all colleagues in commercial and operations to have a positive attitude toward product quality
- Forecasting and managing budgets and always being cost conscious
- Developing and leading a high performing team, giving them opportunities to be their best
- Maintaining a network of government and retail industry specialists so that the company is always aware of developments in product safety and has a reputation for leadership in this area
To be successful in this role, you will need to have at least ten years of quality management experience within the food manufacturing industry, with retail operations exposure.
- Tertiary qualification in Food Science, Environmental Health or related field of study
- Post graduate qualifications in food safety, including HACCP and Risk Management
- Minimum ten years’ working experience handling quality assurance within a food manufacturing environment
- Prior commercial exposure handling retail operations is ideal
- Prior management of manager-level employees are preferable
- Self-motivated and resourceful, with the proven ability to multi-task and operate successfully under tight deadlines
- Has strong leadership qualities and strong stakeholder management ability
- Able to think strategically
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
This company has a strong reputation as one of the largest FMCG retail store chains in the world. They are now gearing up for their next phase of expansion and are seeking for high calibre talents to join their team.
If you are seeking for a crucial and dynamic Head of Quality role with a household brand with great prospects, this is the role for you.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity. firstname.lastname@example.org
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTK2125