Consultant Shanggar Ganesh Marimutu
Date posted 20 April 2018Menara 3 Petronas Persiaran KLCC Kuala Lumpur 50088 Robert Walters Malaysia
A local rapidly growing food ingredients manufacturer is looking for a Quality Manager to provide leadership in areas of quality and manage change control processes and risk assessments to bring the company to the next level. This position directly reports to the Operations Director.
About the Quality Manager Role:
In this position, you will be responsible for leading all implementation of quality systems and improvement initiatives in line with the dynamic movement of both the company and market requirements.
- Ensuring the planning, implementation, control and monitor for the management of Quality Assurance/Quality Control activities
- Providing technical support and services, addressing quality issues and managing internal corrective and preventive actions for continual improvement
- Continually reviewing to improve laboratory system standard and operating procedures
- Assuring that the product measurement systems meet customer requirements
- Ensuring that the quality of raw materials, finished goods and in-process products are within the specifications
- Developing and enhancing techniques and procedure for inspecting and testing to recommend modifications in products and standards and analysis of customer complaints
- Working closely with the Operations team on troubleshooting of product quality issues and process control optimisation
- Communicating with external parties such as suppliers, local authorities, statutory and regulatory authorities or other organisation that have an impact to food and feed safety
- Managing customer complaints
- Attending to third party and customers’ audits and ensure that non-conformance issues are responded in a timely and complete manner
- Ensuring that traceability is maintained and records are easily retrievable upon requests by customers/related parties
- Updating job knowledge, train, motivate and manage a team to develop continuous improvement programs to improve the quality of products
To be successful in this Quality Manager role, you must have prior quality management experience in the food ingredients manufacturing industry.
- Minimum Degree in Chemistry, Food Sciences or its equivalent
- Ten years of working experience in QA/QC laboratory in a food manufacturing and production environment
- Have a good understanding of chemistry, analytical equipment and methodology used in QA/QC laboratory
- High integrity with good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of local Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) regulations, BRC, HACCP & ISO standard and other food and feed safety requirement
- A team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills and able to work independently with minimum supervision
- Resourceful, proactive and dynamic personality
- Strong leadership and abilities in leading and moulding a discipline and efficient working culture for the department
- Able to work in a fast pace environment and consistently meeting set deadlines
- Strong command of English, both written and oral is required
- Knowledge in Mandarin is an added advantage
This company is synonymous to cutting edge innovation and manufacturing expertise and has a phenomenal global outreach, supplying emulsifiers and texturing systems for leading food manufacturers across the globe.
If you are seeking for a challenging and dynamic Quality Manager role with a rapidly growing organisation with great prospects, this is the role for you.
Apply today or call me to discuss this opportunity.
Business Registration Number: 729828-T
Licence Number: JTK2125
Business Registration Number: 729828-T Licence Number: JTK2125