Location Petaling Jaya
Consultant Shanggar Ganesh Marimutu
Date posted 01 March 2018Menara 3 Petronas Persiaran KLCC Kuala Lumpur 50088 Robert Walters Malaysia
A local renewable energy firm is looking for a QA/QC Engineer to handle all aspects of quality assurance and quality control for the construction of solar power plants. This position reports directly to the Project Director.
About the QA/QC Engineer role:
In this role, you will be responsible to develop quality assurance/quality control procedures as well as supervise the construction work from a quality standpoint.
- Establishing QA/QC policies and guidelines for the company, and improve the current SOPs and material quality control
- Perform daily inspection and test necessary to achieve the quality of construction required in the drawings and specifications for all works under the contract performed on and off site
- Involved in vendor selection and review of vendor qualification
- Initiate preventive measures and improvement initiatives to minimise defects on-site
- Carry out inspection and checking for all quality related procedures and ensure activities at site are as per approved method statement and inspection test plan
- Coordinate with consultant and contractors for inspection and meeting on quality matters including the closure of non-compliance report
- Monitor all activities related to Quality Management System (QMS)
- Responsible for the quality and workmanship of every engineering construction activity related to multidisciplinary operations
- Prepare, review and maintain the Project Quality Plan, inspection test plans and checklist based on required specifications throughout project duration
- Set up and implement QA/QC documentation control system, and complete final quality documentation in accordance with conditions of contract
To succeed in this role as a QA/QC Engineer, you must have prior QA/QC management experience handling the electrical aspect of construction projects.
- Tertiary qualification in Civil Engineering or related field of study
- Five years' working experience in quality assurance/quality control for construction projects
- Experience in solar system installation or solar construction project is an advantage
- Highly effective technical and practical engineering skills and ability to consistently deliver quality, accurate and timely work
- Able to travel for work and be based at site for an extensive period
- Able to demonstrate experience of managing client projects from inception to completion
- Detail-oriented, disciplined, and has solid planning and organisation skills
The organisation is a high growth business with several ongoing large-scale projects and plans to expand further across the region. The culture is demanding, but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude, the potential rewards are significant.
If you have a strong quality assurance/quality control management experience in construction projects and are looking for a dynamic, fast-paced environment as your next career move, this QA/QC Engineer role is the one for you. You will be a part of a forward-thinking company that values innovation and a progressive mind-set.
Apply now to discuss the opportunity.
Business Registration Number: 729828-T
Licence Number: JTK2125
Business Registration Number: 729828-T Licence Number: JTK2125