Head of Quality
Salary attractive package
Consultant Venessa Soon
Date posted 26 August 2016
An exciting Head of Quality job has just become available at one of the leading MNC Manufacturing and Production based in Perai, Penang. Reporting directly to Managing Director, this is a role for a manager who is a leader in their field.
About the Head of Quality Role
Key responsibilities :
- Prepares budget plans for QA activities and plans manpower needed. Plans and orders necessary QA equipment and supplies, ensures timely and sufficient availability of all materiel needed.
- Quality Management - Takes all measures necessary to ensure the validity of the quality management system (audits, investments, process changes).
- Ensures that customer complaints are handled properly and in a timely manner. Works together with customers to develop individual work procedures/processes and implements them accordingly.
- Works with Sales, Production and Supply Chain Management in order to resolve quality problems. Answers customer survey reports. Assists with customer visits and resolves customer complaints.
- Analyses the efforts needed to achieve quality requirements demanded by customers concerning cost effectiveness for the plant. Initiates measures to secure an economical quality level in production.
- Ensures compliance with all statutory and occupational safety and environmental regulations in his/her organizational unit and occasionally works with the development of new concepts.
- Quality Assurance and Inspection - Prepares specifications to be used and instructions for inspecting the products.
- Develops and implements improvement concepts including flow diagrams for QA processes. Submits proposals for the improvement of QA procedures and for the need of additional or new equipment.
- Performs ISO internal audits. Ensures that calibration systems are well maintained and work precisely and all QA plans and processes are properly documented and readily available.
- Leads, promotes, and motivates the employees within his/her area of responsibility, especially performance appraisal and goal setting agreement, successor and representative planning, personnel development and training measures.
To succeed in the Head of Quality job, you must have minimum 6 - 8 years of experience in production, maintenance and quality in Semiconductor or Automotive Industry
Key requirements :
- Degree / Master of Mechanical Engineering or Industrial Engineering
- Familiar with MS Office
- Good communication skills.
- SAP knowledge desirable.
- Familiar with ISO 9001 & 14001
- Exposure in manufacturing environment.
This international manufacturer needs no introduction to recognised as the leader in their field of expertise. With great clients and known for their corporate entertainment, they've won many awards. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant. The organisation is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Head of Quality job.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Business Registration Number: 729828-T Licence Number: JTK2125