Salary MYR144,000 - MYR180,000 per annum + Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Shanggar Ganesh Marimutu
Job Ref Q0JTEP-ABCF4183
Date posted 24 May 2023kuala-lumpur mining-engineering-operations/project-management 2023-05-24 2023-07-23 renewable-energy Kuala Lumpur MY MYR 144000 180000 180000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
A leading renewable energy firm is looking for a Project Director to manage the planning, timeline, progress, and site inspection for the construction of commercial and industrial rooftop solar farms across Malaysia. In this job, you will report directly to the Managing Director.
About the Project Director Role:
In this role, you will be responsible for execution of the entire project on schedule, to budget and in line with best practices regarding quality, safety and environmental performance. Your responsibilities would be setting up the construction management office, including personnel, systems, tools and templates to provide high-quality oversight, tracking and reporting of project progress and contractor performance, and respond to project advisers and stakeholders.
- Oversee contractors’ construction activities and manage the integration of the project with the transmission network operator
- Ensure quality construction standards are met using project construction techniques and equipment
- Monitor and report periodically on project completion to schedule and budget
- Evaluate and track contractor performance against contractual obligations
- Ensure on and off-site construction activities are compliant with corporate environment-health-safety policies
- Establish site facilities and equipment office, accommodation, amenities, transportation and security
- Recruit additional personnel to establish the construction management office
- Provide regular construction progress reports for management review and for use by external stakeholders
- Obtain all necessary permits, licenses and government authorisations
To succeed in this role, you must have prior experience managing multi-disciplinary construction projects and contractors, ideally involving power generation.
- Tertiary qualification in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or relevant field of study
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in construction project management
- Prior experience in handling solar power plant projects is ideal
- Advanced knowledge of construction management systems, tools, processes, means and methods and experience establishing and coordinating construction management teams
- Expert knowledge of construction contracts, methods and relevant laws, regulations and quality standards, ideally in the power generation sector
- Familiar with international Standards for solar PV systems, and other relevant standards
- Prior experience handling solar power plant projects is highly preferable, and experience in leading electrical teams on solar power plant projects is an added advantage
- A strong passion for renewable energy and want to ensure a positive future for the environment
- Detailed understanding of all facets of civil and electrical construction processes
- Ability to plan and see the big picture with respect to commercial and strategic objectives
- Competent in conflict and crisis management with experience in managing multicultural teams
- Excellent leadership, communication, time and project management skills
- Willing to travel within Semenanjung Malaysia and to be based at the project site, technical support, and internal/external meetings
The organisation is a high growth business with several ongoing large-scale projects and plans to expand further across the region. The culture is demanding, but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude, the potential rewards are significant.
If you have power plant project and construction management methodologies at your fingertips, this Project Director role is the one for you.
Apply today or send your CV to Shanggar.Marimutu@robertwalters.com.my to discuss this opportunity.
Get in touch
Shanggar Ganesh Marimutu
+603 2303 7043