Regional Project Construction Leader
Salary From RM280,000 pa and above
Location Petaling JayaFULL_TIME
Consultant CheeMing Lim
Job Ref 1853840/001
Date posted 10 January 2023petaling-jaya mining-engineering-operations/project-management 2023-01-10 2023-03-11 engineering Petaling Jaya MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
A world-leading chemical manufacturer is recruiting for a Regional Project Construction Leader job to specialise in Civil and Structure (C&S) across APAC leading various the greenfield projects.
About the Regional Project Construction Leader Role:
The Regional Project Construction Leader provides in-depth knowledge of international construction standard practices to promote a safe work environment and promote efficient construction field operations. In this role, you will lead a team of Construction Managers on site to provide construction leadership and expertise in larger and more complex CAPEX projects within Asia Pacific region.
This role is based in Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia and is responsible for overseeing multiple project sites across APAC covering C&S scope of works including safety, contractor management, authority, scheduling and more. The role is a permanent hire while reporting to the APAC Project Director.
- Lead construction efforts on large, complex projects in the region and ensure proper implementation of construction practices
- Plan and oversee early phase construction activities for a portfolio of projects
- Assign tasks, set deadlines, and assign responsibilities to team members for the project
- Establish construction performance metrics for capital projects in the region
- Work with capital leaders, project teams, and other functional leaders to share knowledge and strategies, and identify ways to improve construction performance on capital projects in the region
- Ensure a safe work environment during the execution of the build project. Collaborate with Health and Safety leads to implement the Contractor Safety Management System and Human Organisation Performance principles
- Develop and implement plans in a rapidly changing business or regulatory environment, and manage and develop a team of experienced professionals and supervisors, including making decisions about hiring, performance, and disciplinary actions. Work with other managers and supervisors to align staff selections with current and future needs
- This role requires frequent travel across the APAC region
To succeed in this Regional Project Construction Leader role, you must possess strong on-site project management experience in C&S especially in greenfield projects within the petrochemical, oil and gas and/or industrial chemical sector. You must also have the ability to manage difficult and challenging situation involving dispute, disciplinary issue, authority, and unsafe act while working alongside a big group of internal and external stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience in various industries (chemical, food ingredient, FMCG, and etc) in construction management experience with at least five years’ experiences in supervisory
- Proficiency in English and one or more other Asian language
This world leading chemical manufacturer is an award-winning company who has global presences with expansion plans across APAC. They are undergone significant growth over the few years going through multiple acquisitions as well as setting up new plants globally.
If you are a proven Regional Project Construction Leader with high emphasis on safety and technical capability, this Regional Project Construction Leader role is an excellent opportunity to work in this established company that you can relate with while be in a great organisation that desire to be even better.
If you would like to apply for this role or find out more, please contact Lim Chee Ming on +603 2303 7047 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the Job Title. Thank you.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C