Construction Manager (Petrochemical)
Salary From RM280,000 pa and above
Location Johor BahruFULL_TIME
Consultant CheeMing Lim
Job Ref 1887180/001
Date posted 10 January 2023johor-bahru mining-engineering-operations/project-management 2023-01-10 2023-03-11 chemicals Johor Bahru MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
A leading multinational green chemical manufacturer that turns waste feedstock into biofuel is setting up a plant in Tanjung Langsat, Johor, Malaysia and they are recruiting for a Construction Manager (Petrochemical) job to specialise in Civil and Structure (C&S) on a greenfield project.
About the Construction Manager (Petrochemical) Role:
In this Construction Manager job, you will be responsible for leading the entire C&S site works including safety, contractor management, authority, scheduling and more. The role will be on contract hire during the period of C&S construction phase while working closely with the Process, Mechanical, Electrical and Instrumentation team while reporting to the Project Director.
As the Construction Manager leading large scale greenfield for Petrochemical, oil and gas and/or industrial chemical, your appreciation of emphasis on international safety standard employed by the industry such as American Petroleum Institute (API) is key. Your main responsibility will be to ensure site activities by the contractor, general workers as well as employees of the company are working in according to the rules and regulation and work ethic, to ensure seamless operation on site while ensuring quality and on time completion of the project.
- Full responsibility of the project and ensure the scope and direction of each key milestones are in accordance with the schedule, budget and customer requirements
- Monitor and ensure design prepared by the design team is in accordance with budget costing & practical and can be implemented by contractor
- Ensure that all technical teams complete designated tasks at the appointed time and comply with the deadlines for each task
- Responsible for the work schedule and progress reports before submitting to the Project Manager
- Prepare detailed drawing, electrical and mechanical plan for the project
- Represent the company in on-site meetings and related meetings
- Ensure that the Senior Site Supervisor and Site Supervisor can solve all problems on the site with the knowledge of the Project Manager and management
To succeed in this Construction Manager (Petrochemical) role, you The successful candidate must possess strong on-site project management experiences in C&S especially in greenfield project within the petrochemical, oil and gas and/or industrial chemical sector. You must have the ability to manage difficult and challenging situation involving dispute, disciplinary issue, authority, and unsafe act while working alongside a big group of internal and external stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience in petrochemical, oil and gas or similar process industry and minimum of 10 years of construction management experience as a construction manager
- Proven previous experience in similar project delivery during EPC phase
- Knowledge of EPC industry, constructability knowledge and contract management on nominated sub-contractors (NSC)
- Administrative policies and procedures and construction project management systems
- Ability to relocate and work at site (Specifically Tanjung Langsat)
- Proficiency in English and one or more other Asian language
This multinational green chemical manufacturer is an award-winning company who has presences across Asia Pacific (APAC) and now establishing their presences in Malaysia and SEA. They have undergone significant growth over the few years going through multiple acquisitions as well as setting up new plants globally.
If you are a proven Construction Manager with high emphasis on safety and technical capability, this Construction Manager (Petrochemical) role is an excellent opportunity to work in this established company that you can relate with while be in a great organisation that desires to be even better.
If you would like to apply for this role or find out more, please contact Lim Chee Ming on +603 2303 7047 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the Job Title. Thank you.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Johor BahruDate posted: 30 December 2022One of the food manufacturing companies is seeking a QA Manager to manage all quality management systems for all products, and technical quality support and safety assurance. In this job, you will report directly to the VP Quality APAC.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Johor BahruDate posted: 28 December 2022An eco-friendly company is recruiting for a Mechanical Manager job to lead and carry out mechanical maintenance activities for the newly built biofuel plant. This position directly reports to the Project Director.