Salary MYR69,000 - MYR86,000 per annum + Market Aligned
Location Shah AlamFULL_TIME
Consultant JitHow Chan
Job Ref 1819840/001
Date posted 15 September 2022shah-alam mining-engineering-operations/project-management 2022-09-15 2022-11-14 engineering Shah Alam MY MYR 69000 86000 86000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An established global food manufacturer is seeking a Project Engineer to handle end-to-end project management of varied projects across the manufacturing operation, managing projects from concept to commissioning within a varied manufacturing environment such as process, packing or facilities and utilities. In this job, you will report to the Engineering Manager.
About the Project Engineer Role:
In this role, you will be responsible for preparing and managing overall master project programme (schedule), integrating work breakdown structure for progress measurement, scheduling, cost estimating and project control.
- Be responsible for pre-engineering scoping, costing and capital expenditure request document preparation using the appropriate standards, processes and procedures
- Produce tender documents for suppliers to ensure competitive bidding on project works and working with central procurement to get contracts in place for orders
- Prepare and issue relevant documentation such as drawings, cable schedules, commissioning documents, equipment schedules, factory acceptance check, systems acceptance test, safety and health checklists, risk assessments
- Work with the software engineers to develop a user request specification for the process installation and review functional development specification
- Manage orders, from raising purchase orders, issuing to suppliers, receipting and checking invoice discrepancies
- Monitor day-to-day work progress, gather and analyse information to prepare status reports
- Manage contractors in the work area, preparing permits and reviewing risk assessments and method statements
- Regularly track and report progress against the baseline schedule and continuously monitor risks and opportunities as well as proactively develop scenarios, mitigation or back-up plans required
- Monitor critical activities based on the project schedule and advice project management team
- Alert the project team in advance of any upcoming critical path activities to avoid delays in future
- Participate in project meetings and discussion with the client as required
- Assist in preparing work programmes, cash flow and manpower histogram for tenders
- Evaluate current procedures and recommends changes to improve the efficiency of planning and scheduling of projects
- Prepare weekly, bi-weekly and monthly status update reports
- Commission the installation with the project team and suppliers and ensure full snag tracking and close out through commissioning, qualification and verification.
- Ensure relevant handover documentation is in place such as original equipment manufacturer manuals, training documents and risk assessments
To succeed in this role, you must have prior project management experience handling manufacturing plant expansion projects.
- Tertiary qualifications in mechanical engineering/electrical engineering or a related field of study
- Three to eight years of project management experience within multinational FMCG manufacturers
- Prior experience handling construction of manufacturing plants is highly preferred
- Proven experience of delivering significant CAPEX investment projects
- Strong engineering (multi-skilled or mechanical-based) background ideally within a process manufacturing environment
- Experience with hands-on commissioning
- Proficient in Primavera, MS Project and MS Office
- Strong project and stakeholder managements skills with experience in navigating complex projects
- Experience in managing tender processes and delivering against financial budgets
- Detailed with excellent problem-solving skills, proactive, good team player and able to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to multitask and prioritise workload while delivering high-accuracy/quality work
- Positive attitude, independent and a fast learner
- Good leadership skills and able to lead a consultant team to accomplish given assignments
- Application is open to Malaysians and/or candidates with existing right to employment in Malaysia
This company is renowned worldwide for their brand excellence and industry expertise. With such iconic consumer brand names, they are a market leader in their category.
If you are a meticulous and detail-oriented person with strong project management experience within multinational FMCG manufacturing environment, this Project Engineer role is the one for you. The opportunity to work on some exciting plant expansion projects awaits you.
Apply today or contact me at email@example.com to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Shah AlamDate posted: 12 September 2022An exciting Access Control Solutions Manager job has just opened up at a global access control systems firm based in Malaysia. You will be responsible for providing presales technical knowledge and presentations to account managers on how a proposed solution meets and exceeds customer requirements to develop customer relations.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Shah AlamDate posted: 11 August 2022A well known beverage manufacturer is recruiting for an Assistant QA Manager job to oversee operations of the Quality Assurance Department, and efficient managing all quality aspects of the products while ensuring compliance with safety and health code regulation.