Project Director (Port)
Salary MYR300,000 - MYR360,000 per annum + Market Aligned
Location Kota KinabaluFULL_TIME
Consultant Shanggar Ganesh Marimutu
Job Ref 1850200/001
Date posted 14 September 2022kota-kinabalu mining-engineering-operations/project-management 2022-09-16 2022-11-13 building-and-construction Kota Kinabalu MY MYR 300000 360000 360000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An established property developer is seeking a Project Director (Port) to lead and manage the planning, timeline, progress, and site inspection for a massive port expansion project. In this job, you will report directly to the General Manager.
About the Project Director (Port) Role:
In this role, you will be responsible for the execution of the entire project on schedule, to budget and in line with best practices regarding quality, safety and environmental performance. Your responsibilities would be setting up the construction management office, including personnel, systems, tools and templates to provide high-quality oversight, tracking and reporting of project progress and contractor performance, and respond to project advisers and stakeholders.
- Ensure submission and approval of tender and construction are carried out accordingly, based on the budget and time frame
- Oversee contractor construction activities and manage the integration of the project with the transmission network operator
- Ensure quality construction standards are met using project construction techniques and equipment
- Monitor and report periodically on project completion to schedule and budget
- Evaluate and track contractor performance against contractual obligations
- Ensure on and off-site construction activities are compliant with corporate environment-health-safety policies
- Establish site facilities and equipment office, accommodation, amenities, transportation and security
- Recruit additional personnel to establish the construction management office
- Provide regular construction progress reports for management review and for use by external stakeholders
- Manage and ensure all project documents and records are filled properly
- Obtain all necessary permits, licenses and government authorisations
To succeed in this role, you must have prior experience managing port construction projects.
- Tertiary qualifications in civil engineering, construction management or relevant field of study
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience in construction project management
- Prior experience handling a port expansion project is ideal
- Advanced knowledge of construction management systems, tools, processes, means and methods and experience establishing and coordinating construction management teams
- Expert knowledge of construction contracts, methods and relevant laws, regulations and quality standards, ideally in mixed development projects
- Detailed understanding of all facets of construction processes
- Ability to plan and see the big picture with respect to commercial and strategic objectives
- Competent in conflict and crisis management with experience in managing multicultural teams
- Excellent leadership, communication, time and project management skills
- Candidates should be prepared to work for extended periods on-site
With some exciting major development to take place in this port, it will soon be one of the largest and busiest ports throughout the entire region.
If you have construction project management methodologies at your fingertips, this enticing Project Director (Port) role is the one for you.
Apply now or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss the opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C