Consultant LeeLing Lim
Date posted 06 September 20192019-09-06 2019-11-05 manufacturing-and-production Penang MY MYR 96000 144000 144000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A Project Manager job has just become available at a renowned manufacturing company in the automotive industry.
About the Project Manager Role:
You will be responsible for overseeing and providing direction for the entire execution of the project technically and commercially. The responsibility is extended to managing a team to meet project objective, schedule, quality, cost, safety and risk mitigation requirements. Reporting to the Senior Project Manager based in Penang, this is a role for a candidate who is enthusiastic about manufacturing process management coupled with timeline and client management.
- Establish project budget, monitor and control of all cost aspects of the project, obtain approvals and act to avoid cost overruns
- Lead project team towards realising product development
- Accountable for project targets in terms of time, cost and scope (quality)
- Plan, coordinate and manage the interfaces between various project phases and various contracts including design, procurement, commissioning and start-up
- Provide clear and focus leadership for project team to create a vision for the project success and a strategy to fit that vision
- Utilise project management methodologies, processes and tools
- Responsible for project RFQ activities and target costing
- Constantly monitor and report status of the project to the management
- Contribute competency evaluations and project goal achievements of project team members to functional/line managers
- Identify, implement and manage project changes and interventions to achieve the desired output
- Develop and implement recovery plans for unforeseen occurrences
- Coach project team to achieve project goals
- Negotiate differences with customers and internally to fulfil project goals
- Provide measurable input into new products, processes, standards or operational plans in support of the organisation's business strategies, with some impact on business unit/function overall result
To succeed in this role, you must have strong knowledge of manufacturing and production project management experiences.
- Master's/Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering of Electrical/Electronics, Engineering of Mechanical or equivalent
- Experienced project manager with sound project management knowledge areas as defined by PMI is preferred
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and within a team
- Excellent leadership, written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in cross-functional team environment on a global scale
- Proven experience in automotive industries and knowledge of ISO/TS 16949 would be an added advantage
This organisation highly regards thinkers who are empowered to generate and deliver solutions for customers, community and environment.
If you are driven, determined and want to step up in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Project Manager job.
If you would like to apply for this role or find out more, please contact LIM Lee Ling on +6012-549 3232 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the Job Reference No. 1485930.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
License Number : JTKSM 423C-1A