Salary MYR144,000 - MYR180,000 per annum + Market aligned
Location Johor BahruFULL_TIME
Consultant Shanggar Ganesh Marimutu
Date posted 15 August 20192019-08-15 2019-10-14 building-and-construction Johor Bahru MY MYR 144000 180000 180000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An established property developer is looking for a Project Manager to manage the planning, timeline, progress and site inspection for the construction of a mixed development project in Johor Bahru. This position reports directly to the Project Director.
About the Project Manager Role:
In this role, you will be responsible for the execution of the entire project on schedule and budget, ensuring alignment with best practices regarding quality, safety and environmental performance. Other responsibilities include setting up the construction management office, including personnel, systems, tools and templates to provide high-quality oversight, tracking and reporting of project progress and contractor performance, and respond to project advisers and stakeholders.
- Oversee contractors’ construction activities and manage the integration of the project with the transmission network operator
- Ensure quality construction standards are met using project construction techniques and equipment
- Monitor and report periodically on project completion to schedule and budget
- Evaluate and track contractor performance against contractual obligations
- Ensure on and off-site construction activities are compliant with corporate environment-health-safety policies
- Establish site facilities and equipment office, accommodation, amenities, transportation and security
- Recruit additional personnel to establish the construction management office
- Provide regular construction progress reports for management review and for use by external stakeholders
- Obtain all necessary permits, licenses and government authorisations
To succeed in this role, you must have prior experience managing construction projects, ideally within one of the biggest property developers in Malaysia.
- Tertiary qualification in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or relevant field of study
- 10 years’ experience in construction project management
- Advanced knowledge of construction management systems, tools, processes, means and methods and experience establishing and coordinating construction management teams
- Expert knowledge of construction contracts, methods and relevant laws, regulations and quality standards, ideally in mixed development projects
- Detailed understanding of all facets of construction processes
- Ability to plan and see the big picture with respect to commercial and strategic objectives
- Competent in conflict and crisis management with experience in managing multicultural teams
- Excellent leadership, communication, time and project management skills
- Candidates should be prepared to work for extended periods on-site
The organisation is a high growth business with several ongoing large-scale projects. The culture is demanding, but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude, the potential rewards are significant.
If you have building and construction project management methodologies at your fingertips, this Project Manager role is the one for you. The enticing opportunity to eventually become a Project Director awaits you.
Apply now or email me to discuss the opportunity at firstname.lastname@example.org
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C