Salary MYR96,000 - MYR120,000 per annum + Market aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Shanggar Ganesh Marimutu
Date posted 02 July 20192019-07-10 2019-08-31 building-and-construction Kuala Lumpur MY MYR 96000 120000 120000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A leading renewable energy firm is looking for a Project Manager to manage the planning, timeline, progress and site inspection for the construction of renewable energy power plants across the country. This position reports directly to the Project Director.
About the Project Manager Role:
You will be responsible for the execution of the entire project on schedule to budget and in lined with best practices regarding quality, safety and environmental performance. Your responsibilities would be setting up the construction management office including personnel, systems, tools and templates to provide high-quality oversight, tracking and reporting of project progress and contractor performance, and respond to project advisers and stakeholders.
- Contribute to the management, operation and performance of the business to ensure it meets its targets, as well as support the delivery of organisational and strategic goals
- Manage project team and provide performance feedback and goal-setting, conducting annual performance assessments and skills development and training
- Establish and run the project with the objective of ensuring all projects are delivered using a best-practice project delivery approach and are delivered within the agreed scope, time, cost and quality
- Ensure detailed project, implementation or action plans are created for the duration of each project as appropriate
- Devise, product and implement new systems and processes to optimise more effective project management as required and within the framework of the organisations
- Develop and implement strategies as per the planned schedule in order to align project direction with the strategy, goals and commitments
- Generate BOM list for each project, procure quotation from multiple vendors, execute PO’s for materials, and manage shipping / logistics of materials to site
- Oversee contractors’ construction activities and manage the integration of the project with the transmission network operator
- Ensure quality construction standards are met using project construction techniques and equipment
- Monitor and report periodically on project completion to schedule and budget
- Evaluate and track contractor performance against contractual obligations
- Ensure on and off-site construction activities are compliant with corporate environment-health-safety policies
- Establish site facilities and equipment office, accommodation, amenities, transportation and security
- Recruit additional personnel to establish the construction management office
- Provide regular construction progress reports for management review and for use by external stakeholders
- Obtain all necessary permits, licenses and government authorisations
To succeed in this role, you must have prior experience managing multi-disciplinary construction projects and contractors, ideally involving power generation.
- Tertiary qualification in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or relevant field of study
- 8 to 10 years’ experience in construction project management
- Good understanding of performance management framework and tools in the delivery of business objectives
- Good understanding of procurement and supply chain business processes
- Advanced knowledge of construction management systems, tools, processes, means and methods and experience establishing and coordinating construction management teams
- Expert knowledge of construction contracts, methods and relevant laws, regulations and quality standards, ideally in the power generation sector
- Capability to provide timely, accurate and relevant project and portfolio reporting as agreed
- Prior experience of resource planning against the prioritised portfolio of projects is ideal
- Detailed understanding of all facets of civil and electrical construction processes
- Ability to plan and see the big picture with respect to commercial and strategic objectives
- Competent in conflict and crisis management with experience in managing multi-cultural teams
- Excellent leadership, communication, time and project management skills
- Able to work for extended periods on-site
The organisation is a high growth business with several ongoing large-scale projects and plans to expand further across the region. The culture is demanding, but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude, the potential rewards are significant.
If you have power plant project and construction management methodologies at your fingertips, this Project Manager role is the one for you. The enticing opportunity to become one of the most highly sought-after talents within the renewable energy industry awaits you.
Apply now to discuss the opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C