Salary Market Aligned
Consultant Parvathee Ponniah
Date posted 13 May 20192019-05-13 2019-07-12 engineering Bandar Enstek, Selangor Bandar Enstek MY MYR 96000 120000 120000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
A leading packaging manufacturer is looking for a Project Engineer to carry out installation and commission for their new plant expansion. In this job, you will report to the Project Manager.
About the Project Engineer Role:
In this position, you will be responsible for carrying out commissioning and installation works based on internal stakeholders’ requirements.
- Liaise with customers/consultants/project managers concerning approval of plans and drawings, acceptance of work, progress of work, problem solving, etc
- Ensure that a project plan is developed and oversees the project from conception, planning, through to implementation with reference to contractual schedules
- Responsible for managing project schedule and outstanding task details by utilising project management tools such as reports, tracking charts, checklists and provide regular status updates
- Work within the project team to complete the assigned project in a timely and cost-effective manner complying with the safety and quality policies of the company
- Monitor the works carry out by sub-contractors to ensure the works are according to program and conformance to relevant specifications, standards and to the approved drawings
- Co-ordinate with consultants/suppliers/sub-contractors for swift and smooth project implementation transition
- Identify and resolve potential complications within the project and facilitates solutions for resolution. Leads completion of the in-use and final sign-off (FSO) milestones with all parties
- Coordinate goods delivery with suppliers and installations works with sub-contractors as required
- Attend to all operational matters related to the daily running of the project
To be successful in this role, you must have prior experience in project engineering in the packaging industry.
- Tertiary education in Engineering
- Minimum five years of relevant experience in the packaging or manufacturing industry
- Proven capacity to maintain a positive attitude in a fast paced and deadline-oriented environment
- Demonstrated ability to manage and report project progress and appropriate milestones in a timely manner
- Good communication skills, able to meet tight schedules and work independently and ability to multitask
- Proficient in MS Office applications. Microsoft Project knowledge is a plus
- Strong communication skills and fluent in English. Knowledge of other Asian languages would be an added advantage.
- Strong leadership and communication skills with excellent stakeholder management
- Must be hands-on and self-motivated
This company needs no introduction and is recognised as a leader in their field of expertise. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude, the potential rewards are definitely significant. The firm is also very focused on developing their employees to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take a step up in your career, this is the role for you. Great opportunities await the right candidate in this exciting Project Engineer role.
Apply today to discuss this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C