Site Project Manager (Contract)
Salary From RM180,000 per annum and above
Consultant CheeMing Lim
Date posted 27 August 2018 2018-08-272018-10-26 manufacturing-and-production Menara 3 Petronas Persiaran KLCC Kuala Lumpur 50088 Robert Walters Malaysia
A world leading building material manufacturer is setting up a plant in Johor, Malaysia and they are recruiting a Site Project Manager for 18 months contract to join their team in the greenfield project.
About the Site Project Manager Role:
Site Project Manager who has experiences in dealing with industrial sector, would appreciate the emphasis of safety standard employed by the industry will be key role played by this position. Your main responsibility is to ensure all site activities by the contractor, general workers as well as employees of the company are working in according to the rules & regulation and work ethic, to ensure seamless operation on site while ensuring quality and on time completion of the project.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Fully responsible for the project implementation at Johor in a safely and timely manner as to ensure the project’s targets (zero accident, technical performance, timely completion and under budget) are successfully met.
- Ensure effective communicate with all relevant parties (internal and external) involved in the project in order to ensure that adequate resources (in quality and quantity) are mobilised in all phases of the project including construction, start up, commissioning and handing over and that proper documentation is being maintained as per requirement.
- Ensure smooth management of project up to completion, start up and commissioning and to ensure proper handing over to the owners (leader/BUs) which include managing the project pending issues until final acceptance with all contractors of the plant, issuing end of project report and participating up to the closing of credit.
- Ensure open communication with Management & Operation team and incorporate their comments relating to the safety, quality and performance level of the project from the management & operation point of view without affecting the base project assumptions and budget.
- Ensure SAFETY is maintained on a top priority at all the project sites and in the installation jobs with a reference to working at height, working in confined space and isolation procedures and that all parties involved in the project strictly adhere to safety requirements and best practices
The successful candidate must possess strong on-site project management experiences and had prior successful project portfolio especially in greenfield project within the industrial sector. You must have the ability to manage difficult and challenging situation involving dispute, disciplinary issue, authority, and unsafe act while working alongside a big group of internal and external stakeholders.
Key Requirements include:
- Minimum diploma in Engineering (Mechanical/ Electrical/ Civil) or related qualification.
- Minimum 10 years relevant working experience in a manufacturing/ construction/ project environment, specifically in Building Material or Chemical Construction Industry.
- With at least 5 - 7 years of management experience
- All aspect in Project Management (Planning, Organising, Leading, Implementing, Coordinating & Executing)
- Good in EHS matters, forecasting and analysing risks.
- People Management, good communication & negotiation skills.
This world leading building material manufacturer is an award-winning company who has presences in America, Europe, and now establishing their presences in Malaysia & Asia Pacific. They are undergone significant growth over the few years going through multiple acquisitions as well as setting up new plants globally.
If you are a proven Site Project Manager with high emphasis on safety and technical capability, this is an excellent opportunity to work in this established company that you can relate with while be in a great organisation that desire to be even better.
Apply now at firstname.lastname@example.org or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTK2125
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd (formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd) Business Registration Number : 729828-T Licence Number : JTK2125