Salary MYR120,000 - MYR144,000 per annum
Consultant LeeLing Lim
Date posted 20 March 2018Menara 3 Petronas Persiaran KLCC Kuala Lumpur 50088 Robert Walters Malaysia
An renowned manufacturing company in the automotive industry in Penang is looking for Project Manager to join who is responsible in overseeing and provide direction to entire execution of the project technically and commercially. The responsibility extended to manage a team to meet project objective, schedule, quality, cost, safety and risk mitigation requirements.
About the Project Manager role:
In this role, you will be primarily responsible for overall project management mainly focusing on development activities including defining project strategies in accordance to the company's development process and management's charters to secure successfuldeliverables to the customers. You will also take on the day-to-day project and team management tasks in providing support to the new business acquisition activities.
- Establish project budget, monitor and control of all cost aspects of the project, obtain approvals and take action to avoid cost overruns
- Lead project team towards realising product development
- Accountable for project targets in terms of time, cost and scope (quality)
- Plan, coordinate and manage the interfaces between various project phases and various contracts including design, procurement, commissioning and start-up
- Provide clear and focus leadership for project team to create a vision for the project success and a strategy to fit that vision
- Utilise project management methodologies, processes and tools
- Responsible for Project RFQ activities and target costing
- Constantly monitor and report status of the project to the management
- Contributes competencies evaluation and project goal achievement of project team members to functional/line managers
- Identify, implement and manage project changes and interventions to achieve desired output
- Develop and implements recovery plans for unforeseen occurrences
- Coach project team to achieve project goals
- Negotiate differences with customer and internal to fulfil project goals
- Provide measureable input into new products, processes, standards or operational plans in support of the organisation's business strategies, with some impact on business unit/function overall result
To succeed in this role as a Project Manager, you must have Master/Bachelor degree in Engineering of Electrical/Electronics, Engineering of Mechanical or equivalent.
- Experienced Project Manager with sound project management knowledge areas as defined by PMI® and knowledge of ISO/TS 16949 will have an advantage.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and within a team
- Excellent leadership, written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in cross-functional team environment in a global scale.
- Proven experience in automotive industries would be an added advantage.
This business has consistently reputed as dynamic and fast growing in terms of size, revenue and profit. They are committed to perform beyond their customer’s expectations, something which drives their business decisions every day and their relentless focus and discipline as a company has led to solid, long-term performance for their shareholders.
If you are up to taking a new challenge, this is the role for you. The opportunities to progress are ever-present, with the option of global mobility as well.
Apply for this exciting opportunity today.
Business Registration Number: 729828-T
Licence Number: JTK2125
Business Registration Number: 729828-T Licence Number: JTK2125