Senior Project Engineer
Location Johor Bahru
Consultant Sujatha Manogaran
Date posted 16 March 2018Menara 3 Petronas Persiaran KLCC Kuala Lumpur 50088 Robert Walters Malaysia
An established engineering group specialising in process equipment design and fabrication is looking for a Senior Project Engineer to manage, lead and supervise the overall fabrication and site installation aspects of projects.
About the Senior Project Engineer Role:
In this position, you will manage the project resources and project planning to ensure that equipment / parts are of good quality and conform to the specification of the customers and complies to statutory requirement.
- Manage the project management scope, specification, schedules and ensure that project costing is within the budgeted cost
- Review the project drawings, materials procurement and receiving schedule, construction schedule, inspection progress and project documents to ensure timely and quality delivery of finished goods
- Coordinate with various departments (engineering, procurement, production, quality control, logistic, accounting) for project execution by establishing regular project engagement meeting and communication to review on the project schedules and progress
- Troubleshoot and expedite progress to ensure project schedule and margin are met
- Liaise with the customer to ensure specific quality, issue and complaint are followed through and root cause of defect / issue identified and rectified
- Manage, supervise the vendors for the projects by ensuring all fabrication activities are carried out as per approved procedure, Inspection Test Plan and project schedule
- Ensure the project schedule is being followed effectively by vendors and prepare an expediting plan for project delays
- Ensure proper document control and only approved documents are used for project execution
- Manage project management documents in accordance to ISO standards
- Visit installation sites from time to time to resolve project issues
To succeed in the Senior Project Engineer role, you will need to have excellent stakeholder management capability and the foresight to anticipate as well as mitigate project delays.
- Tertiary qualification in Mechanical Engineering or Material Science
- Five years' project management experience in oil & gas equipment steel fabrication yard
- Self-starter, independent and operationally hands-on
- Strong leadership and problem solving
- Assertive, possess excellent interpersonal skills and strong interest in project management
- Able to travel up to 50% to project sites in the southern region of Malaysia
This company has a long history of design and manufacturing of specialised process engineering equipment for the chemical, petrochemical and oil & gas sectors. They remain the primary choice for clients who seek a reliable equipment provider with prompt technical support.
If you are someone who has several years of equipment fabrication project management experience and seeking opportunities to take on a larger scope, this is the role for you.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Business Registration Number: 729828-T
Licence Number: JTK2125
Business Registration Number: 729828-T Licence Number: JTK2125