Salary Attractive Package
Consultant Venessa Soon
Date posted 04 April 2018Menara 3 Petronas Persiaran KLCC Kuala Lumpur 50088 Robert Walters Malaysia
An exciting NPI Engineer role has become available at one of the leading manufacturing and production organisations based in Perai, Penang. Reporting directly to the Engineering Manager, this is a role for an engineer who is a subject matter expert in their field.
About the NPI Engineer role
In this business critical role you will be responsible to plan and coordinate projects related to new products, liaising closely with clients on specs and requirements.
- Generate Bills of Material (BOM), routings and component options, following deadline
- Analyses research data and proposed product specifications to determine feasibility of product proposal
- Engaging with Sales team on meeting up with customer/ sales visit to develop or propose suitable parts for new product assembly
- Follow up on Customer ECO and ensure the ECO settle and close on time
- Scheduling and keep track FA plan to meet shipment date
- Analyses and resolves work problems, or assists Technicians in solving work problems
- Buy-off completed FA samples and FA report for conformance to customer’s requirement, improving FA first pass rate
- Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product
- Ensure the operating procedure for FA is in accordance with the requirement of QHS and EHMS
To succeed in the NPI Engineer job, you must have good communication and interpersonal skills and able to work closely with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Candidate must possess at least a Diploma, Advanced/Higher/Graduate Diploma, Engineering (Electrical/Electronic) or equivalent
- Experience in NPI assembly background will be an added advantage; BOM creation and FA follow up
- Knowledge in ISO 9001, ISO 13485, FMEA
- Posses good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently with strong leadership qualities
- Strong inclination towards working on a project by project basis
The US based manufacturing and production organisation needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in their field of expertise provides manufacturing services to companies in the networking /communications, healthcare/ life sciences, industrial/ commercial, and defence / security / aerospace industries. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant. The organisation is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to step up in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities wait the right person in this exciting NPI Engineer position.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Business Registration Number: 729828-T
Licence Number: JTK2125
Business Registration Number: 729828-T Licence Number: JTK2125