Head of Operations
Salary From RM275,000 pa and above
Consultant CheeMing Lim
Job Ref ZY5FHR-56CC6C59
Date posted 25 May 2023johor-bahru mining-engineering-operations/manufacturing 2023-05-25 2023-07-24 manufacturing-and-production Johor MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
An established FMCG manufacturer in Johor, Malaysia is recruiting for a Head of Operations job. Reporting directly to the Site Director, this role is the second in command who will be groomed to be the future Site Director responsible for the entire plant operation including production, maintenance, engineering, project, site supply chain, quality, and HSE in driving process improvement activities.
About the Head of Operations Role:
As the Head of Operation, you are responsible for providing leadership and high impact initiative that would bring best in class efficiency, effectiveness, capacity and yield across OPEX & CAPEX which is aligned with the company’s strategic priorities and goals.
- Provide strategic leadership in the manufacturing organization by leading and managing production operation while influencing various functional areas such as procurement, demand and supply planning, warehouse and inventory, engineering and quality, Finance, Admin and HR
- Drive production throughput and OEE in order to be aligned with company objectives
- Ensure robust Health, Safety, Security and Environment (HSSE) procedures and training are in place that operations follow all required regulations
- Establish measurement systems (such as OEE) to collect metrics, analyse productivity and set key performance index/ targets (KPI) that will meet revenue and COGS goals
- Lead the development and deployment of manufacturing practices focused on quality and continuous improvement
To succeed in this Head of Operations role, you must had led a team of production managers responsible for multiple production process, analytical to spot opportunity for improvement and proven achievement in leading a high performing team in a fast pace FMCG environment. You will be expected to coach and build a high performing team.
- Minimum degree in Engineering, Supply Chain or its equivalent
- At least 15 years' relevant experience in the FMCG/process manufacturing Industry
- At least five years' experience in management role
- Solid experience in various production techniques, engineering, and project management
- Experiences in supply chain management, inventory management, would be an added advantage
- Strong manufacturing and operation management experience in complex production environments, this includes hands-on production experience on the shop floor as well as leadership of major industrial reengineering projects (plant construction, upgrade, refurbish, closure or transfer of production, etc.)
- Knowledge of production/process technologies like Kaizen, KVP, TPM, TPS, or Lean Six Sigma, etc. is an advantage
- Experience in SAP will be an added advantage
This prominent FMCG manufacturer has an outreaching reputation with strong market positioning in its segment within the FMCG. This encourages them to further develop its people and operation to future-proof its organisation to keep up with technology and consumer trend across SEA.
If you are a progressive Head of Operation with a can-do attitude, this Head of Operations role is an excellent opportunity to work in this established FMCG that you can relate with while being in a growing organisation that desires to be even better.
If you would like to apply for this role or find out more, please contact Lim Chee Ming on +603 2303 7047 or email to email@example.com quoting the Job Title. Thank you
Get in touch
+603 2303 7047
Salary: From RM275,000 pa and aboveLocation: JohorDate posted: 25 May 2023An established FMCG manufacturer in Johor, Malaysia is recruiting for a Head of Engineering job. Reporting directly to the Site Director, this role leads all maintenance, utilities and engineering project works across the multiple production buildings within the integrated production site.