Tooling and Moulding Design Engineer
Salary Market Aligned
Consultant Audrey Ng
Job Ref 1910510/001
Date posted 06 March 2023penang mining-engineering-operations/manufacturing 2023-03-06 2023-05-05 manufacturing-and-production Penang Penang MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
An exciting Tooling and Moulding Design Engineer job has just become available at one of the most respected manufacturing and production firms based in Penang. The company is an accomplished manufacturer which, with its broad technological expertise and far-reaching specialist knowledge, produce high-tech product and product system development and manufacturing based on polymer materials.
About the Tooling and Moulding Design Engineer:
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, you are responsible for the moulding processes for new tooling, assessing on the specifying and sourcing of testing equipment for the moulding process and ensuring all FAT requirements are met.
- Develop moulding process for new tooling, including debug, troubleshooting and process optimisation/DOE
- Ensure required process development information accompanies new tooling and is communicated clearly to relevant stakeholders
- Interpret processes received and makes necessary assessments for specifying and sourcing of testing equipment to be used
- Ensure all equipment is available for scheduled trials
- Interact with Tooling Engineers and relevant teams to ensure timely scheduling of mould tests
- Set moulds to be tested
- Record and maintain all trial information and documentation
- Ensure all FAT requirements will be met during FATs
- Accompany and support visiting engineers during FAT activities
- Complete all process hand over documentation post-FAT acceptance
- Attend off site SAT or other activities at customer sites as needed
- Assist in training new process and customer engineers and those involved in set-up and running of new moulds
- Identify key process parameters for process monitoring and control
- Proficient with Mechanical Design, Solid Mechanics theory and its application to product design
- Provide technical leadership and mentorship to process technicians, operators and other moulding personnel
To succeed in this role, you must have the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions as well as to take a systematic approach to process optimisation and problem solving.
- Minimum of five to eight years’ experience in injection moulding processing is essential
- Degree in mechanical engineering or relevant studies with a focus on plastics processing is desirable
- Familiar with CAD/CAE tools: AutoCAD, Solidworks
- Familiar with engineering drawing standards
- Working knowledge of connector application, plastic technology, insert-moulding, stamping processes is preferred
- Comprehensive knowledge and thorough understanding of injection moulding process, machines, robotics, and auxiliary equipment is essential
- Experience with hot runner systems and precision injection mould tooling
- Understanding of resin structure and behaviour when processed, including stress, orientation and melt rheology as well as resin drying and testing
- Skilled in basic metrology; working knowledge of geometric tolerancing and ability to interpret drawings; and experience in designing and perform DOE’s and process statistical capability studies
- Practical experience with the entire injection moulding process, and familiar with machinery up to a press capacity of 300 tons
- Knowledge of ISO standards, TQM, and GMP’s is highly desirable
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to queries from management, clients, customers, and manufacturing teams
- Up-to-date knowledge of injection moulding machine technology and capabilities, and willing to upskill as needed to continually improve upon injection mould processing skills
- Knowledge in mould design concepts
- Excellent organisational, planning, and analytical skills
This company is much more than a manufacturing plant and is anything but traditional. They have the people and ethos to act with speed, innovation, enterprise and creativity. The scope of the offer, the size of the business, the freedom and autonomy to drive your career forward all adds up to a great place to work.
If you are a progressive Tooling and Moulding Design Engineer with a can-do attitude, this is an excellent opportunity to work with an industry leader that is constantly breaking new ground.
Apply today or email me at email@example.com to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Get in touch
+60 4 240 2135
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: PenangDate posted: 17 March 2023An exciting Senior Application Engineer job has just become available at one of the most respected manufacturing and production firms based in Penang. Reporting directly to the Head of Department, this is a role for an engineer who is well versed in mechanical design and electrical circuitry in the manufacturing industry.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: PenangDate posted: 29 March 2023An exciting SMT Process Engineer job in a multinational world leading manufacturing and production company to be based in Penang has just become available. This role is part of the pioneer team focusing on industrial processes from inception through to start up and certification.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: PenangDate posted: 29 March 2023An exciting SMT Programme Engineer job in a multinational world leading manufacturing and production company to be based in Penang has just become available. This role is part of the pioneer team focusing on industrial processes from inception through to start up and certification.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: PenangDate posted: 22 February 2023A renowned manufacturing company in the automotive industry in Penang is looking for a Senior Product Engineer. This is a role for a leader who is experienced in product development until product end of life (EOL).