Flexible Packaging Development Engineer
Salary Market Aligned
Location Shah AlamFULL_TIME
Consultant JitHow Chan
Job Ref 1906800/001
Date posted 02 March 2023shah-alam mining-engineering-operations/manufacturing 2023-03-02 2023-05-01 manufacturing-and-production Shah Alam MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
An established flexible packaging manufacturer is seeking a Flexible Packaging Development Engineer, currently expanding their business due to favourable market conditions. In this job, you will identify and implement opportunities for innovation and renovations, quality improvement, and cost savings.
About the Flexible Packaging Development Engineer Role:
In this Flexible Packaging Development Engineer role, you will be driving innovation in packaging solutions and implementing package system for new and existing products.
- Support packaging projects in collaboration with other technical functions
- Provide technical support to the operations team to ensure product feasibility and full compliance to local as well as international legislations
- Utilise latest technology to ensure the best transition between the design and manufacturing processes
- Lead value creation projects by introducing new packaging system to remain competitive
- Manage product and packaging quality improvement projects
- Work closely with teams involved in the manufacturing and implementation processes of product packaging
- Lead and execute benchtop trials and testing and subsequently coordinating factory trials
- Be accountable for updating packaging specifications and packaging data in the system
- Support marketing to translate the consumer needs to functional solutions
To succeed in this Flexible Packaging Development Engineer role, you will need to have a successful track record of managing flexible packaging system projects from initial concept, throughout trial tests, line commissioning, and project handover/closure.
- Tertiary qualification in packaging, materials science, chemistry, or relevant field of study
- Five years’ flexible packaging development experience in the FMCG or medical device manufacturing industry
- Well versed in packaging technology processes and materials development knowledge
- Excellent interpersonal, resource management, communication, and presentation skills for all levels of management
- Good commercial acumen and project management skills
- Strong planning capabilities and organised
- Influential leader who can mentor the team and drive high-performance culture
- Good teamwork approach
- Application is open to Malaysians and candidate with existing rights to work in Malaysia
This company is renowned globally for producing high-quality packaging products. They are market leaders for their product category and are poised to reaffirm their strong branding through continuous product innovation.
If you are seeking a fast-paced environment to grow your career, this Flexible Packaging Development Engineer role is right for you. You will be a part of the team to bring the company to the next level. Besides that, the opportunity to enhance technical and management capabilities will be provided for further career development.
Apply today or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org / call me at +603 2303 7020
to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Get in touch
+60 3 2303 7020