Director of Product Development
Salary Market Aligned
Consultant TeckYaw Chuah
Job Ref 1876860/001
Date posted 25 November 2022penang mining-engineering-operations/manufacturing 2022-11-25 2023-01-24 manufacturing-and-production Bayan Lepas Bayan Lepas MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Director of Product Development job based in Penang has opened up at a world-leading manufacturing and production company. This company is a key manufacturing service provider to one of the top semiconductors manufacturers in the world.
About the Director of Product Development Role:
Reporting to the Managing Director, this company is looking for a competent Director of Product Development to lead the new product development departments for the new expansion of business.
- Managing the overall activities and execute tactical plans for new products introduction from initial engineering evaluation and innovation till High Volume Manufacturing within given time frame through Design For Manufacturing to meet factory key KPIs (yield, quality, cycle time, cost and productivity indices)
- Make strategic and executive contribution; participate as a key member of the management team in influencing the vision and strategic directions of the company
- Manage all plant level engineering continuous improvement and quality improvement projects
- Build a positive work environment that support innovation, creativity and teamwork in the company
- Manage the budget and cost of the department to ensure that the company is cost-effective in all its operations
- Develop strategy and provide directions for the department to be forward looking to the changing environment in the industry
- Provide leadership and mentoring to the next level of managers to ensure proper succession planning
- Managing overall equipment engineering to meet new product, financial requirement
- Oversee product development and technology
- Lead and guide staff to achieve engineering/technical solutions as well as maintain competitiveness
- Drive equipment and process capability through 6 sigma control
To succeed in the Director of Product Development role, you must have relevant NPI experience in process development mainly in the backend process of semiconductor industries.
- Education: Bachelor's degree or above, majoring in Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics, Mechatronics
- Language: Excellent oral and written skills in English
- 12 - 16years’ work experience including 8 - 10 years’ product development engineering expertise and experience in a high pace environment
- Strategic execution and planning skills
- Effective management, communication, and leadership skills
- Strong manpower planning skills
- Strong budget and forecast planning
- Coaching and team management Skill
This multinational manufacturing firm is well-recognised in the industry and is a company whose expertise has made them the leader in their field. There are great opportunities to progress in this dynamic company and offers a great working environment.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this Director of Product Development role is for you. You will be part of a forward-thinking company that values innovation and a progressive mindset.
If you would like to apply for this role or find out more, please email your resume to Teck Yaw at email@example.com.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: PenangDate posted: 24 October 2022An exciting Programme Management Director job opportunity as become available at an electronics manufacturing and production company in Penang due succession planning. Reporting to the Programme Management, Senior Director, this opportunity for a Programme Management Director who is passionate about driving the organisation to promote the company’s corporate culture.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: PenangDate posted: 25 October 2022An exciting Manufacturing Operations Manager job has become available at a leading multinational manufacturing and production company based in Penang. This role is the key person to lead the operations set-up for the new expansion plant, and is for production and operation manager who experience in back-end semiconductor manufacturing industries.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: PenangDate posted: 24 October 2022An exciting Senior QA Manager job has become available at one of the world’s prominent medical device manufacturers focusing on manufacturing and production operation management in a new establishment in Penang. Reporting to the VP of Quality Assurance, this opportunity for a candidate who is passionate about driving the organisation to greater heights and participating their business expansions.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: PenangDate posted: 24 October 2022An exciting Malaysia Site Lead job opportunity has become available at an electronics assembly manufacturing company in Penang due to expansion planning. Reporting to the Chief Operation Officer of Asia Pacific, this is an opportunity for a candidate who is passionate about driving the organisation to greater heights and participating the Malaysia business expansions.